Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 11:29 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times

Advertisements

CSUNs rep has increased exponentially I've heard. I don't know if its true but had CSULBs rep declined a bit?

I would only go to csula for engineering.

I wouldn't count the Polys. They're top notch but in a higher league than the other CSUs. They're just a notch below the top UCs and even above some of the lower ranked ones too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 11:34 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,852,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
Long Beach for Arts and Business

Pomona for hard sciences and architecture. Both have reputable engineering programs though.
I was a grad student at both schools.

CSULB is excellent. But overall, CPP seems to be the more rigorous and reputable of the two. CPP is a quarter system school, too--if that means anything.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:52 AM

221 posts, read 347,691 times
CSUN now has more research grants than some of the smaller UCs. However, opportunity varies considerably by department, so it depends on what you want to do. My grads have procured decent jobs, but remember a BA is more or less entry level now in many fields. Also, some programs are impacted at various CSUs, so be attentive to that.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristian_moreno10 View Post
Between cal state northridge, cal state los angeles, cal state dominguez hills, and cal state bakersfield.

Ive never visited any of these universities. I need some help on deciding which colleges are better.
The best thing for you to do is visit each. What are you going to major in or do you know? Do you want a colelge in a large metro area or a litle more rural? There are so many things to consider, it is hard to give a cut and dry answer. OUr daughter and son in law went to Cal State Northridge, our younger daughter went to SDSU and so did hubby and I. Of the 4 you listed I think CSUN is by far the best choice.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:58 PM

822 posts, read 1,284,512 times
Take a visit. The demographics among them are stunningly different. This is partly due to location. They are also stunningly different from UCLA and USC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles