Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 08:47 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times

Advertisements

The KABC thread inspired me to create this. I listen to KFI at work for entertainment value only. There are some shows that make me laugh mildly but man most of this crap is horrendous.

Coast to Coast - Love it. This is non-stop entertainment with all the weird stuff people call in about.

Gary Hoffman - Bore Fest. I could barely tolerate him when he was just a sidekick but on his own show it seems very forced and drier than the Gobi Desert.

Bill Handel - Funny on his law show but his morning show isn't all that great.

Bill Carroll - Has moments of funniness but overall annoying.

Thompson & Espinosa - Easily the worst show on KFI, heck on the radio. Every time I turn it on and hear this show I turn it off to avoid throwing up. Everything is so forced and they have no clue what they are doing half the time. The bits they have are so cheesy, boring, and annoying.

John & Ken - Love this show for entertainment value. I know they get crazy politically sometimes, but if you listen for entertainment only it usually delivers. Love the "Moist Line". lol

Tim Conway Jr - See Bill Carroll. His voice drives me up a wall though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 08:56 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
The KABC thread inspired me to create this. I listen to KFI at work for entertainment value only. There are some shows that make me laugh mildly but man most of this crap is horrendous.

Coast to Coast - Love it. This is non-stop entertainment with all the weird stuff people call in about.

Gary Hoffman - Bore Fest. I could barely tolerate him when he was just a sidekick but on his own show it seems very forced and drier than the Gobi Desert.

Thompson & Espinosa - Easily the worst show on KFI, heck on the radio. Every time I turn it on and hear this show I turn it off to avoid throwing up. Everything is so forced and they have no clue what they are doing half the time. The bits they have are so cheesy, boring, and annoying.

John & Ken - Love this show for entertainment value. I know they get crazy politically sometimes, but if you listen for entertainment only it usually delivers. Love the "Moist Line". lol

Not up for Coast to coast.

Garry Hoffman is ok

Bill Handle is ok,

Bill Carroll, 2 ll's 2 r's.... he's alright as well, I think he's a bright guy though.

Thompson and Espinosa needs to go, I can't stand listening to them... every time I'm in the car and they come on I just find their show not entertaining enough to listen to... I can't really put a finger on why, as I'm sure they are nice people....

John and Ken... IDK.... John rants a bit much for my taste, but I do listen sometimes.

Tim Conway... I give him a DING DONG!!.... LOL... I rarely listen, I only typically listen to KFI during the work week and during commuting and standard work hours, I don't listen to any of it on the weekends or after commuting.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Thompson and Espinosa needs to go, I can't stand listening to them... every time I'm in the car and they come on I just find their show not entertaining enough to listen to... I can't really put a finger on why, as I'm sure they are nice people....
I think you are very correct on this. I'm sure they are both very nice people but their show makes me want to vomit.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:25 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
I used to listen to Bill Handel all the time, then one day he went on a rant about Christians and Republicans, I vowed I would never listen to him again and I havent.
Since Mark Levin started at 3:00 on KABC I listen to John & Ken a lot more. It seem they focus on whatever is sensational or will get them ratings.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:32 AM

781 posts, read 736,838 times
I've been listening to John and Ken on and off, mostly on, for the last 15 years I think. Kobylt really cracks me the hell up. Hell, I love his ranting. I don't live in LA so the stuff about their local politics becomes a bit like background noise to me after a while.

My favorite stuff is when they start talking about non political stuff, 'life stuff' or about society and human nature and all that kind of thing. Especially Kobylt's view of the world and people. However, unfortunately, I think his nihilism and cynicism has really rubbed off on me. Of course it only made mine worse really, I was already that way before I started listening to them.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:38 AM

781 posts, read 736,838 times
Quote:
I think you are very correct on this. I'm sure they are both very nice people but their show makes me want to vomit.
Don't like them either. T&E and Bill Carroll both have this kind of cliche kind of blandness about them. They almost don't fit on KFI, they're so normal sounding. Conway is annoying because of his lack of intelligence. His reasons for the positions he takes are almost always moronic.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:42 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:

I listen to KFI all the time.

Coast to Coast - I preferred when it was Art Bell's show. The rotating hosts don't appeal to me as much.

Bill Handel - He's o.k. most of the time, sometimes his humor grates on my nerves. He's better on the weekend.

Bill Carroll - I like his show, it's probably the most bland to listen to.

Gary Hoffman - I like him.

Thompson & Espinosa - Can't stand her she plays Ed McMahon to his Johnny Carson. Grates on my last nerve.

John & Ken - I like them both. Love John's rants, and how disgusting he sounds reading the Cunning Dental commercials. The Moist line is funny.

Tim Conway Jr. (and Steckler on Friday) - Love Tim. What the hell did Jesse Jackson Say is a fun hour of entertainment. Steckler on Friday is a lot of fun he cracks wise and I love it.

Don't forget the Sunday Morning Show - I really liked the revolving hosts , Shannon Farren is o.k.

Michael Crozier - He needs his own show.

The Jesus Christ Show - I wonder how they get away with Neil playing Jesus Christ on the radio. He imparts unbiased wisdom to the masses. Not a bad show overall.

Mo Kelly - I like Mo, he's fun to listen to, especially when he Geeks out talking about the comic book characters.

Neil Saavedra - I listen to the food show, it's one of my fave shows.

Monique Marvez - I have no idea why she's on the radio.

Leo Laporte - I get some knowledge out of his show from time to time.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:17 AM

362 posts, read 543,924 times
I listen to the following:

Gary Hoffman
Bill Handel
Shannon Farren
Jesus
I still miss Lisa Ann Walter

Most of the hosts I like are on the weekends. I don't typically listen to mid-day programming. I prefer listening to podcasts of Dave Ramsey or hearing him live on The Patriot.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:23 AM

I totally forgot about the Jesus Show and The Fork Report. The Jesus show is not my cup of tea. The first time I heard it I assumed it was a satirical ad. I'm really not sure how KFI pulls this off without backlash from the religious types.

I love The Fork Report as well. I love the interviews with local eateries and find many new places to eat by listening to this show.

I am also a huge Leo Laporte fan. Been listening to him since his days on Screen Savers in the 90s.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:28 AM

362 posts, read 543,924 times
[quote=Mr_Geek;38954713]I totally forgot about the Jesus Show and The Fork Report. The Jesus show is not my cup of tea. The first time I heard it I assumed it was a satirical ad. I'm really not sure how KFI pulls this off without backlash from the religious types.

I'm a religious type and I really enjoy the Jesus show. It clarifies a lot of things for me that 16 years of Catholic school did not. My mother on the other hand, is passionately anti-organized religion; yet she finds it blasphemous that Neil Saavedra refers to himself as Jesus Christ, so there you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles