Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 07:33 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,305,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straya View Post
Everyone knows how the entertanment thing is. You show people who are quite materialistic and arrogant.

1) Is this only in certain areas? Are there areas where there are regular people?
Outside of the Westside/Hollywood/South SFV. Most of LA county is regular people living regular lives like most of the US with the exception that a large number of people are Asian/Hispanic

Quote:
2) What percent of people do you think are in the entertaniment life? Include those who are "trying to make it."
5% at the most. Most people in the industry are blue collar crew workers. I worked in a TV show for 5 years so I know.

Quote:
3) Do girls generally only go for rich guys? Once again, are there some areas where girls are NOT materialistic or is eveyrone trying to meet the right person just to climb the ladder.
Depends on the demographic of women you are looking for. For white women. It's mostly yes. Latinas/Blacks/Asians less so.

Quote:
4) I heard La girls are flaky and they will drop you just to find a richer guy.
This is true. Especially in the trendy areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 08:34 PM

8,345 posts, read 13,493,234 times
To get the right girl, actually to get any girl, you have to be realistic about what type of people you should be meeting (know what league you are in). You also have to think what you have to offer her, not what you want from her.

Are even in California? Have you been here and met people, talked to girls?
Don't assume all CA chicks are gold-diggers regardless of their looks. When you have a warped or jaded outlook on people, it will not help you when making friends or meeting people.

Don't assume anything, be yourself and talk to people in a sincere, civilized manner (yes, this includes women too), then come up with your own conclusion.

Some of your questions are ridiculous, could even be offensive to some.
If that is your real mindset, then you won't have much luck here or anywhere else for that matter. Pretend that you are in a town you have no clue of, start fresh and be positive.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:58 PM

75 posts, read 99,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
Outside of the Westside/Hollywood/South SFV. Most of LA county is regular people living regular lives like most of the US with the exception that a large number of people are Asian/Hispanic

5% at the most. Most people in the industry are blue collar crew workers. I worked in a TV show for 5 years so I know.

Depends on the demographic of women you are looking for. For white women. It's mostly yes. Latinas/Blacks/Asians less so.

This is true. Especially in the trendy areas.
Lol white women only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
To get the right girl, actually to get any girl, you have to be realistic about what type of people you should be meeting (know what league you are in). You also have to think what you have to offer her, not what you want from her.

Are even in California? Have you been here and met people, talked to girls?
Don't assume all CA chicks are gold-diggers regardless of their looks. When you have a warped or jaded outlook on people, it will not help you when making friends or meeting people.

Don't assume anything, be yourself and talk to people in a sincere, civilized manner (yes, this includes women too), then come up with your own conclusion.

Some of your questions are ridiculous, could even be offensive to some.
If that is your real mindset, then you won't have much luck here or anywhere else for that matter. Pretend that you are in a town you have no clue of, start fresh and be positive.
LA.
I know parts of northern are very not fame based.
The culture is LA is very entertainment based so I was asking if that influences most women.

I'm not worried about finding the perfect woman. I am worried about moving to a place where the hotter you are the more materialistic and more fame seeking and sleeping around to become famous you are.

I said that I don't criticize the whole sleeping to the top or even being a gold digger to rich men culture. But I do not want that life. So I was asking if there are AREAS where that is NOT the main culture.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:25 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,191,704 times
Any guy that makes sweeping statements about all women(or all white women, or all West side women, etc) being gold diggers or greedy is the type of guy who only deserves a gold digger. Guess what? Women are people just like you, ya losers. They're not all one thing and most of them are nice.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:41 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,446,867 times
You can live in LA and not come across any people in the entertainment industry. It's not as big as you think. LA is a normal city, too.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:33 AM

1,640 posts, read 2,662,554 times
Quote:
The culture is LA is very entertainment based so I was asking if that influences most women.
Nowhere near as much as you think.

Quote:
So I was asking if there are AREAS where that is NOT the main culture.
Yes, just about all of LA outside of select areas in the South SFV and on the Westside.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:36 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,192,174 times
All the really super hot women already have rich boyfriends so you don't need to worry about them, okay? Many of them hook up with rich guys who are also super hot looking (See Sophia Vergara and Brad & Angelina for examples). This ensures that Southern California will always have a super hot gene pool full of really good looking rich people. It also makes it much easier for them to find each other and date.

If you are average looking/not rich your choices are going to be limited and you'll probably have to date someone who lives out in the high desert or San Bernardino or Fontana or Bakersfield.... They might be "attractive" but they probably won't be super hot or rich. They might even have something wrong with them like, oh, two noses or three nipples or something. But that's okay because there probably are people looking for guys/gals with two noses/three nipples and it just shows you that there is someone for everyone.

Bottom line: If you aren't willing to settle, I don't know if LA is for you.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:14 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,063,275 times
If anything, the people in LA just tend to have a much, much more laidback friendly attitude than people here in the Midwest/Michigan. I think once you've been in the area for a while, the glitz and glamour to H'wood wears thin on people who aren't directly working in that field.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:43 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,576,243 times
We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:47 AM

280 posts, read 326,502 times
Quote:
Everyone knows how the entertanment thing is. You show people who are quite materialistic and arrogant.

1) Is this only in certain areas? Are there areas where there are regular people?

2) What percent of people do you think are in the entertaniment life? Include those who are "trying to make it."

3) Do girls generally only go for rich guys? Once again, are there some areas where girls are NOT materialistic or is eveyrone trying to meet the right person just to climb the ladder.

4) I heard La girls are flaky and they will drop you just to find a richer guy.

Once agan, nothing wrong with that lifestyle. Just not for me.
Is this sort of thing only in certain parts of la? If so where?
And where are there people who are not in the entertanment life and not trying to meet people in order to climb the ladder.
So what is your source for information?

These generalizations come from angry, shallow people, who've not seen enough of the world to give an accurate commentary on a city of 10 million+ people.

Get out, see the world. Stop making buying in to stereotypes about things you know nothing about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles