Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 11:38 AM

192 posts, read 250,326 times

Advertisements

LOL. Another tired "LA is full of shallow and vain people" thread. My God, I've only been in this city for 6 weeks, and even my amateur eyes can see that that stereotype is bull****. Newsflash: LA is not just rich, white people. Take a quick peek at neighborhoods that AREN'T on the westside before jumping to conclusions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 01:36 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,351,282 times
The people that you describe are only on channel 11.
If you watch channels 2, 4, 7, or 9, you will see completely different people.
Also try watching after 6:00 P.M. when the soaps and game shows are over.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:37 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,305,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straya View Post
Lol white women only?

LA.
I know parts of northern are very not fame based.
The culture is LA is very entertainment based so I was asking if that influences most women.

I'm not worried about finding the perfect woman. I am worried about moving to a place where the hotter you are the more materialistic and more fame seeking and sleeping around to become famous you are.

I said that I don't criticize the whole sleeping to the top or even being a gold digger to rich men culture. But I do not want that life. So I was asking if there are AREAS where that is NOT the main culture.
This isn't a good place to ask about women in LA because C-D posters like to display LA in the best light possible. If you really want good info about the women in Los Angeles and the best places to meet them. Look at this thread.

The Los Angeles thread

Old 04-29-2015, 04:46 PM

8,346 posts, read 13,493,234 times
OK, it is time for this video again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBiR2rKU69U

Old 04-29-2015, 08:37 PM

412 posts, read 546,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straya View Post
Everyone knows how the entertanment thing is. You show people who are quite materialistic and arrogant.

1) Is this only in certain areas? Are there areas where there are regular people?

2) What percent of people do you think are in the entertaniment life? Include those who are "trying to make it."

3) Do girls generally only go for rich guys? Once again, are there some areas where girls are NOT materialistic or is eveyrone trying to meet the right person just to climb the ladder.

4) I heard La girls are flaky and they will drop you just to find a richer guy.

Once agan, nothing wrong with that lifestyle. Just not for me.
Is this sort of thing only in certain parts of la? If so where?
And where are there people who are not in the entertanment life and not trying to meet people in order to climb the ladder.
Most people in LA are normal. It's one of the most diverse cities/metros in the country and not everyone is in the entertainment business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles