Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 12:22 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,678,820 times

Advertisements

It seems that it's becoming the norm for people who have a bag of excrement from their dog to, rather than take it with them and put it in one of their own trash cans, walk up somebody's else's driveway and use their trash can instead. My neighbor keeps his trash cans in front of his garage, which has a 30 foot setback from the sidewalk, and more than once I've seen people simply walk up his driveway and put a bag of dog excrement in one of them. And the people who are doing it do not live in close proximity to my neighbor, so it's not like my neighbor would have said at any time to these people that they can go ahead and trespass on his property to put a bag of stinky stuff in one of his trash cans.

I used to think it was bad enough when on trash pick-up day, even after the trash cans had been emptied, dog walkers would open up somebody else's can and put a bag of dog waste in it (if you don't want your dog's waste, why do you think somebody else wants it?), but now people seem to believe it's okay to walk almost 30 feet up a stranger's driveway to put a bag of dog waste in somebody else's trash can.

So is this now considered normal behavior in Los Angeles?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 12:30 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,482,730 times
Nasty!

Old 07-21-2015, 12:34 AM

2,088 posts, read 1,976,825 times
No, not normal behavior, but there are plenty of bad dog owners. The only time we use neighbors cans is on trash day if they haven't been picked up yet. Still, I'd rather people use my can than not pick up after their dog, not that the two are related. The majority of dog owners in my neighborhood are responsible, but it just takes a few bad ones keeping viscious dogs, not picking up after their dog, and walking their dog off leash to annoy everyone else.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:35 AM

21,756 posts, read 16,378,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
(if you don't want your dog's waste, why do you think somebody else wants it?),
What makes you think that throwing away dog poo, in any trash can, signifies a belief that anyone "wants it"?

Old 07-21-2015, 07:38 AM

39 posts, read 164,140 times
One the one hand, at least these people are picking up the dog waste. It pisses me off when dog owners feel its OK to walk their dogs to other people's property to take a dump. This includes the patch of grass that's in between the sidewalk and the street/curb. Even if the property is a rental complex, these dog owners need to realize that the tenants live here and routinely have to walk to their curbside parked cars while dodging dog waste in the patch of grass!

But I agree, dog owners need to take their cr@p with them. Don't like it, then don't own a dog!

Old 07-21-2015, 07:51 AM

1,855 posts, read 2,921,060 times
I would never walk up someone's driveway. But if their can was on the curb and I had a wrapper or something, I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:57 AM

362 posts, read 544,393 times
I would never trespass onto someone's property to dispose of my dogs' poop bags. I usually just tie the bags to their collars until we get home.

That said, I don't mind if my neighbors deposit their dogs poop bags in my cans on trash day (that's preferable to them leaving it on the grass). They couldn't do it on any other day as we keep our trash cans in the garage, so it's really not a big deal for us.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:02 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,552,921 times
Is it really that hard to carry a bag of crap? These people are lazy.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:03 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,586,954 times
Put your trash and dog poo in your own trash can. Don't trespass on another's property. In short, be considerate of others and use your brain.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:27 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,482,730 times
They are probably commies thinking it's a communal trash can .

I've had people throw stuff in mine before and it is annoying .

There was a funny curb your enthusiasm scene about this . He threw something in a guys trash bin and the guy got all pissed at Larry David .

Clip here
http://youtu.be/TGDLiqArW9k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles