Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 05:17 PM

26,792 posts, read 26,922,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
The OC Register.... agreed to have the LA Times buy them, but they were, at least to my knowledge, unable to do so.
U.S. files suit to block Tribune purchase of O.C. Register parent - LA Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 06:33 PM

8,364 posts, read 6,465,628 times
Another thing the Times doe's all the time is go through files of hundreds of photos to show Trump or other Republicans with a weird grimace on their face or other unflattering photo.
While with that ugly old hag, Clinton or other Democrats every picture is perfect. Smile, hair, makeup, clothes, background, lighting absolutely a beautiful picture.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:05 PM

21,771 posts, read 16,431,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Another thing the Times doe's all the time is go through files of hundreds of photos to show Trump or other Republicans with a weird grimace on their face or other unflattering photo.
While with that ugly old hag, Clinton or other Democrats every picture is perfect. Smile, hair, makeup, clothes, background, lighting absolutely a beautiful picture.
lol. Vega - I am not a Hillary fan, but I gotta tell you, she doesn't make faces often if at all like the Trumpster does. If she did, the media would love to print those. Media loves anything that sensationalizes. The reason you see Trump looking like a moronic madman so often is - he is one.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Stereotype much?
No sense of humor eh OC? I know the internet forums don't always make sarcasm easy, but that one of mine was a gimme. If you missed it you need another glass of wine this evening ... lmao.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:10 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,171,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
No sense of humor eh OC? I know the internet forums don't always make sarcasm easy, but that one of mine was a gimme. If you missed it you need another glass of wine this evening ... lmao.
Ok, I will give you that 'Mutt.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
It's funny that their own poll shows Trump ahead but they never discuss their own poll in the articles.

Just today front page: "Trump might turn Red state Georgia into a blue state" because he's a "racist, sexist, with inflammatory rhetoric that will turn out black voters against him" (yeah... like Hillary is going to turn out more blacks than OBama).

OK... doubt it. How about an article like Trump is suddenly polling competitively in deep blue Wisconsin, or is way ahead in Iowa which was safely for Obama twice? An article about how Trump really appeals to white working class voters who weren't fans of McCain and Romney. You won't see that though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Again. Why don't they ever discuss their poll in their articles? Why is there no front page article stating "On Labor Day weekend, Trump leads Hillary by 3 points... other polls show a similar trend"

INstead it's... Trump is so nasty, racist, and toxic he's going to make the Republicans lose Georgia!
I keep feeding you answers to your protest questions. You keep ignoring how obviously true my comments are. Pretty deliberate. Pretty damn funny

Trump is so "nasty, racist, and toxic", yes. And that's why he's being covered the way he is. He's mugging for the media and begging for it. He needs them to constantly cover his negative campaign.

And none of that changes the truth that the Times is factual in their reporting. They're not making stuff up about the Trumpster that he isn't doing and shoving in everybody's face.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:51 PM

145 posts, read 111,334 times
Quote:
Stereotype much?
You can't tell he's joking/making fun of V8?

Old 09-04-2016, 08:35 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,165,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
I haven't read the LA Times in about 10 years because this so-called "newspaper" isn't a newspaper, but rather one big opinion piece. So I log on today and sure enough they're trying to sway people's opinions as always with anti-Trump articles....
You just described mostly all mainstream media. The only escape I've found is Fox News Network on cable. Oddly, FNN often interviews a pro-Trump advocate and pro-Clinton advocate at the same time, and gives them an even break. That's what I call balanced news. They even have a bunch of lefty Fox contributors like Juan Williams.

Honestly, I just don't understand why most MSM is so biased in favor of liberals. There can be no doubt this is so, at least not in my opinion.

I sometimes wonder if my brains aren't working right and it's me, not the MSM. If I could just explain the bias I wouldn't feel that way, but I am totally clueless why so much bias.

One thing for sure. There has never been an election like this in the US. America is facing a huge turning point. Nobody knows which way it will go, and furthermore I doubt anything is going to change right up to election day, and possibly late into the evening.

Either way the America you will be living in 4 years from now will be drastically different from current day America.

I'm going to request an absentee ballot as soon as I get the sample ballot, vote as soon as I get the absentee ballot, and probably stack up on ebooks and/or DVDs and leave the election coverage off on election day. I'll find out the next morning what America will be like in 4 years.

Or maybe Iran will get their nukes and ballistic missiles up and running within 4 years and there will be no America. It won't be much consolation there will be no Iran either. If there isn't any America there will probably be no me either. At least dead people don't give a damn.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:01 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,319,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I keep feeding you answers to your protest questions. You keep ignoring how obviously true my comments are. Pretty deliberate. Pretty damn funny

Trump is so "nasty, racist, and toxic", yes. And that's why he's being covered the way he is. He's mugging for the media and begging for it. He needs them to constantly cover his negative campaign.

And none of that changes the truth that the Times is factual in their reporting. They're not making stuff up about the Trumpster that he isn't doing and shoving in everybody's face.
That's your opinion. Trump does love the media spotlight, and maybe it does help him in the end. But he's not all the things they say he is.

You're missing my point. It's not about the content of the stories - it's what stories THEY CHOOSE TO COVER. They only cover stories that are negative toward Trump. They don't cover positive stories about Trump. Like I said, front page today, Trump's so horrible he's going to make the Republicans lose georgia possibly. There may be some evidence supporting this, there's some that doesn't. Either way, why don't we have a story about Trump bringing out new Republican voters in Pennsylvania or Iowa, which is also supported by evidence?

Old 09-04-2016, 09:09 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,165,914 times
Why are you reading the LA Times anyway? Another few years and newspapers will be extinct.

Then you can ask why so many MSM networks are so biased.

Myself, I am totally clueless. I have no answer. I think the best solution is to quit reading newspaper dreck or watching TV dreck. Spend more time reading books and watching movies.

The new survival skill will be your ability to excel at online video gaming. You'll get your food stamps and monthly assistance check and with a little luck you can stay on da webz for the rest of your life.

Actually I could really use an issue of the LA Times tomorrow. I need to do some spray painting and don't want to get overspray on my garage floor or driveway. Maybe I'll use the lawn and the overspray will grow away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles