Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 11:43 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
Well they may be a moron but the person with an intent to kill, with no remorse, seems a bit worse, no?
There was no intent to kill when the idiotic young woman and her fellow students walked on the 5 freeway at night with cars going by at 70 mph or more.

You do understand that you can't stop a car when you're driving that fast? She got hit because she was walking where you don't walk.

IDK about you but I don't expect to see people walking out onto the freeways.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:47 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,099,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmullenal. View Post
???
Don't be complaining like the other user before you.
You're only adding noise to this discussion. My questions in posts 95 and 103 are still unanswered. Please do better.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:26 PM

1,122 posts, read 962,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSav View Post
Who are these "others" that are stealing from hard working Americans like me so I can protect myself from them?

I am speaking in general terms when problems have arisen especially in Los Angeles that PEOPLE from different backgrounds (whether White, Black or Brown) take advantage and do commit acts of violence such as burning buildings- disrupting cities/towns - and yes looting. Trust me, it is not about one ethnic group. I know what you are trying to do SanSav but won't work with me because I am not going to feed into what you are trying to do.

Luckily for today, we are raining cats and dogs in Los Angeles BUT in Washington DC right now the police and Natl. Guard have their hands full and are dealing with anarchists. Such cowards - they have their faces covered.

You can bet people watching on TV as the concussion bombs explode in Washington DC - they are now feeling enough is enough and this is craziness. They will eventually end up on Trumps side if they were not already. People are fed up with the violence out there by these folks who want to disrupt the inauguration in DC.

Let's hope for Angelenos it continues to rain like hell.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:03 PM

216 posts, read 200,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Because everyone in the United States should share the same viewpoint? And of course the correct viewpoint is yours, right? I don't think you understand how this whole freedom and democracy thing works.
I understand very well how freedom and Democracy works. In order to make well informed decisions we should listen to all sides of a debate. The protests which are taking place today and tomorrow throughout the country, are a great example of free speech and a healthy democracy.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:09 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in L.A. View Post
I understand very well how freedom and Democracy works. In order to make well informed decisions we should listen to all sides of a debate. The protests which are taking place today and tomorrow throughout the country, are a great example of free speech and a healthy democracy.
Setting cars on fire and looting businesses is "free speech" and "healthy democracy"?

Old 01-20-2017, 05:14 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,824,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in L.A. View Post
If that's what you believe then you aren't paying attention. Protests are about anarchy and violence and trying to undermine our society. This is not the civil rights marches of the 60's. These are anarchists/terrorists who show up at every "protest" to do damage to people and property. The same groups show up at every opportunity for chaos regardless of what the so called cause is that is being protested

Old 01-20-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
German reunification was only possible due to Gorbachev and no other reason.
So true, but try telling that to folks on the right.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
What will we do with so many missing landscapers in 6 months
So much hate......chill out dude

Old 01-20-2017, 05:33 PM

368 posts, read 366,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
"Anchor baby" is a derogatory term, period, and good job dodging the White supremacist retweets.

The rest of your post is pathetic. Carter didn't ban a religion, he banned Iranians, and he was wrong to do that. Last I checked, Carter and Obama are different people. Mental gymnastics fail.
He didn't do good job banning Iranians, Encino is crawling with them. And yes, if you
are an enemy of this country, you need not be here. And Iran has been our enemy since 1979.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Setting cars on fire and looting businesses is "free speech" and "healthy democracy"?

From your response it's obvious you've never partaken in a peaceful demonstration or you're watching to much Fox News.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles