Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 03:34 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,824,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
There are some. The Bay Area actually lost Black people while LA actually gained some this decade. LA feels more Black friendly than the Bay. The tech industry doesn't have many Blacks. They'd rather higher H1Bs.
I lived in Oakland in 99 before it was hip and there were a lot of black people. Now their are white hipsters paying $2500-3000 for the same 2 bed apt that I was paying $800 for
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 03:44 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
I lived in Oakland in 99 before it was hip and there were a lot of black people. Now their are white hipsters paying $2500-3000 for the same 2 bed apt that I was paying $800 for
In this era of White Return the same is happening here to those areas of young mostly Black folk to mingle with that the OP is searching for. Just about any area that can be called majority Black is only that way because the seniors who bought in during White Flight are only now just starting to die off.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:17 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
You're hilarious!

I'm half Hispanic, half Asian.
One of those seeking white validation. That's very common in SoCal.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:29 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
One of those seeking white validation. That's very common in SoCal.
What the heck is white validation? People (all people, including whites) like, love or dislike others and unless they are irrational and use race as a mechanism to determine which ones to treat in a particular way, never even give crap like that a second thought. Unless, of course, they are race obsessed and racist themselves.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:32 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
What the heck is white validation? People (all people, including whites) like, love or dislike others and unless they are irrational and use race as a mechanism to determine which ones to treat in a particular way, never even give crap like that a second thought. Unless, of course, they are race obsessed and racist themselves.
They usually go out of their way to trash blacks because they think it would make whites happy. When they get their wake up call, then they want to run to blacks.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Also, I was never raised in Tarzana. I would be reluctant to live around non-blacks, especially those who have a racist obsession with blacks.
pot calling the kettle black

Old 03-30-2017, 05:38 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
They usually go out of their way to trash blacks because they think it would make whites happy. When they get their wake up call, then they want to run to blacks.
I want to let you in on a little secret. Whites I know (granted, I don't know all of them) really do not hate blacks. In fact, the white folks I know really wish that blacks would hurry up and become much more successful as a whole and would share their self-reliance attitude. When white people do discuss black areas (yes, I have heard some racist things said in my day but not usually), people generally bemoan the state of those bad black areas in relation to crime, poverty, hopelessness etc. As for middle class blacks and the areas they live in, I have never heard one person say anything bad! EVER!

Old 03-30-2017, 06:04 PM

508 posts, read 504,492 times
Hey!

Let's focus on the OP's question. If you don't have any places to recommend, then don't say anything. Stop Hijacking the thread!!!!!!!

And if the only place you can recommend is Roscoe's, then you don't belong on this thread either LMAO.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afropack-man View Post
Hey!

Let's focus on the OP's question. If you don't have any places to recommend, then don't say anything. Stop Hijacking the thread!!!!!!!

And if the only place you can recommend is Roscoe's, then you don't belong on this thread either LMAO.
What's wrong with Roscoe's? It's awesome

Old 03-30-2017, 06:10 PM

508 posts, read 504,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
What's wrong with Roscoe's? It's awesome
Roscoe's is awesome, but if that's the only place you can recommend.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles