Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 05:04 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
*Ahem*...if I recall correctly (and I know I do), you were insisting in countless posts in other threads that AB 109 and Prop 47 were not causing an increase in crime...and now you're accusing somebody else of making stuff up? Seriously?
Wow "realignment" is working out so well!

"Realignment forced many criminals with low level felony convictions to do time at county jails, instead of state prison. It also allowed those released from jail, or even prison, for non-violent offenses, to be supervised by county probation rather than parole. Probation is less stringent. Officers have to oversee more criminals. And they have little recourse if probation has been violated, often only putting them in “flash incarceration.” That means in jail for up to 10 days.

But realignment also meant before one is placed on probation officials don’t have to consider the full criminal history. Only the last offense. Criminals know this. And a law enforcement source tells Fox News Radio, they try to take advantage of it.

Two criminals with felony records, told the law enforcement source they had plans to get picked up on lesser charges, so the last thing on their record was a misdemeanor. So they’d be on probation. In late 2011 Albert Hull, who’d previously served 14 years for attempted murder, told our source this was his plan."

https://radio.foxnews.com/2017/05/15...nt-state-laws/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 05:06 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
*Ahem*...if I recall correctly (and I know I do), you were insisting in countless posts in other threads that AB 109 and Prop 47 were not causing an increase in crime...and now you're accusing somebody else of making stuff up? Seriously?
Listen real careful now. There is no evidence that AB109 or Prop 47 has caused an increase in the crime rate. But it doesn't matter because they were necessary in order to comply with Plata, comprende?

Old 05-23-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Wow "realignment" is working out so well!

"Realignment forced many criminals with low level felony convictions to do time at county jails, instead of state prison. It also allowed those released from jail, or even prison, for non-violent offenses, to be supervised by county probation rather than parole. Probation is less stringent. Officers have to oversee more criminals. And they have little recourse if probation has been violated, often only putting them in “flash incarceration.” That means in jail for up to 10 days.

But realignment also meant before one is placed on probation officials don’t have to consider the full criminal history. Only the last offense. Criminals know this. And a law enforcement source tells Fox News Radio, they try to take advantage of it.

Two criminals with felony records, told the law enforcement source they had plans to get picked up on lesser charges, so the last thing on their record was a misdemeanor. So they’d be on probation. In late 2011 Albert Hull, who’d previously served 14 years for attempted murder, told our source this was his plan."

https://radio.foxnews.com/2017/05/15...nt-state-laws/
From your article:

"Two criminals with felony records, told the law enforcement source they had plans to get picked up on lesser charges, so the last thing on their record was a misdemeanor. So they’d be on probation. In late 2011 Albert Hull, who’d previously served 14 years for attempted murder, told our source this was his plan."

That makes no sense, what in the world is that supposed to even mean?

"But realignment also meant before one is placed on probation officials don’t have to consider the full criminal history. Only the last offense. Criminals know this. And a law enforcement source tells Fox News Radio, they try to take advantage of it."

Probation has access to the same criminal history information as Parole or local Police Departments do.

Whoever wrote your article must be on drugs. But aside from that wonderful (cough cough) expose of AB109 what would you have done JM, what would your plan for reducing the prison population by 50,000 inmates have been?

Old 05-23-2017, 06:01 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
2sleepy is telling you the truth. In the lawsuit Plata v Brown the Supreme Court ordered that no more than 113,463 inmates be held in California prisons. AB109, Prop 47 and Prop 57 were all implemented in order to meet that goal. In 2006 California prisons held 163,000 inmates, in order to comply the state had to reduce the prison population by 50,000 inmates. That was first achieved in 2015 but since then the population has increased, but in case you think I'm making this up, here's the CDCR population data: Offender_Information_Services_Branch

Now what would you like 2sleepy to do? Play along with the fantasy that we can endlessly stuff more people into prisons without SCOTUS stepping in?

And FYI a new prison was built, a 2000 bed prison hospital in Stockton that cost a billion dollars, want to build a few more, do you want to pay for them too?

Oh Wait! I know, let's just put them all in county jails! Well, there are over 82,000 inmates in California County jails and as of 2014, 19 of our county jails are under court ordered population caps.

So how about this Finper, you offer some ideas? Your border control idea is just great except most of the people in California jails and prisons are citizens and those who aren't are dispatched to their native country without passing go or collecting $200 upon their release.
I have a lot of solutions as do lots of people in this state that libturd politicians won't listen to.

Old 05-23-2017, 09:29 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,161,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I have a lot of solutions as do lots of people in this state that libturd politicians won't listen to.
Such as?

Old 05-24-2017, 12:12 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
Quote:
2sleepy is telling you the truth. In the lawsuit Plata v Brown the Supreme Court ordered that no more than 113,463 inmates be held in California prisons. AB109, Prop 47 and Prop 57 were all implemented in order to meet that goal. In 2006 California prisons held 163,000 inmates, in order to comply the state had to reduce the prison population by 50,000 inmates. That was first achieved in 2015 but since then the population has increased, but in case you think I'm making this up, here's the CDCR population data: Offender_Information_Services_Branch

Now what would you like 2sleepy to do? Play along with the fantasy that we can endlessly stuff more people into prisons without SCOTUS stepping in?

And FYI a new prison was built, a 2000 bed prison hospital in Stockton that cost a billion dollars, want to build a few more, do you want to pay for them too?

Oh Wait! I know, let's just put them all in county jails! Well, there are over 82,000 inmates in California County jails and as of 2014, 19 of our county jails are under court ordered population caps.

So how about this Finper, you offer some ideas? Your border control idea is just great except most of the people in California jails and prisons are citizens and those who aren't are dispatched to their native country without passing go or collecting $200 upon their release.
Some of the Alt Right probably want to see some of the prisoners treated to the Duterte Special, especially if they are drug users or sellers. Or "illeeegulls" .....

Old 05-24-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Some of the Alt Right probably want to see some of the prisoners treated to the Duterte Special, especially if they are drug users or sellers. Or "illeeegulls" .....
I think you're right because when they get tired of beating up on me for presenting them with factual, verifiable data the only thing you hear around here is *crickets*

Old 05-24-2017, 12:46 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
I think you're right because when they get tired of beating up on me for presenting them with factual, verifiable data the only thing you hear around here is *crickets*
So it's the judges fault then ? Someone is to blame in the state because not every state has the same rules / laws .
Realignment was sold as making us safer and it was a lie .

Old 05-24-2017, 02:07 PM

266 posts, read 271,856 times
Whistleblower: DHS knew MS-13 gang members were part of illegal immigrant surge - Washington Times

Old 05-24-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
So it's the judges fault then ? Someone is to blame in the state because not every state has the same rules / laws .
Realignment was sold as making us safer and it was a lie .
Realignment was sold as a means of complying with the SCOTUS order and avoiding having the Court release 50,000 inmates many of whom were violent offenders. In that regard it made you safer, you just don't want to face the reality of Plata and what Brown has had to do to in order to comply with it without releasing the most dangerous felons in our prisons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles