Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 10:34 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
How about Laguna Beach? Does that count as one of best beaches in Los Angeles area?

Do any of you seek out Laguna Beach? Laguna Beach seems to be one of the only beaches in the area with attractive vegetation, rocky cliffs, rocks.

And it's not so extremely wide and barren like some of other LA beaches - more attractive in its scale and vegetation.

Are there any other beaches in Los Angeles area that have vegetation and rocks like Laguna Beach has?

So many of the Los Angeles beaches are extremely wide, very barren beaches - like Huntington Beach.

And Pismo Beach? What is your opinion of it? (I have not seen it)
Palos Verdes, Malibu, even northern parts of Santa Monica.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 12:46 AM

671 posts, read 1,190,810 times
Some people really prefer warm water beaches. California does not have warm water. It's why we don't get hurricanes or tropical storms. Most people here go to the beach to COOL OFF. A lot of people want the WARMTH that other beaches in FL or Caribbean offer.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:48 AM

55 posts, read 80,685 times
I don't consider California beaches cold since i'v never been to any other beach state (or country) to compare it to so it's perfect to me. People need to stop being whine babies and scared to get in water that's not like their shower temperature.

Anything North of San Francisco gets cold, everything South of Santa Barbara is paradise.

The person above me needs to stop generalizing the entire population of their preference. I'd never choose Florida over the West Coast because Florida is flat, humid, and no rocky clifts.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:00 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Why do Los Angeles residents so often vacation at other ocean towns when they already have the ocean right in their own city?

I have heard the following reasons: the Pacific Ocean is too cold by LA, the beaches are too crowded and the traffic & parking are too problematic.

What other reasons? Is it because except for Laguna Beach (Orange County, I know) which has some of the most beautiful beaches around Los Angeles, the other beaches such as Huntington Beach are too wide, too vacant, too lacking in beautiful qualities of vegetation, etc. Or the atmosphere is not sufficient? Or too much air and water pollution?

Is it also because some of the area along the beach is industrial, like Long Beach?

So what are the reasons so many Los Angeles residents vacation at Mexico beaches? Of course, vacationing at beaches & ocean resorts around the world has its own rewards of beauty, picturesque scenery, different cultures, clean sparkling water. So perhaps those are the obvious reasons.
Why do people in Boston go to Cape Cod?

Why do people in NYC go to the Jersey Shore or the Hamptons?

Pretty obvious.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:15 AM

55 posts, read 80,685 times
goodluck finding this in Florida, or anywhere else in the world for that matter. (sorry I don't know how to make the picture sizes smaller, didn't mean to take up a whole page)

Old 08-31-2017, 11:41 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvDesertEmpire View Post
goodluck finding this in Florida, or anywhere else in the world for that matter. (sorry I don't know how to make the picture sizes smaller, didn't mean to take up a whole page)

Gotta love OC.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:18 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvDesertEmpire View Post

You got that right!

Old 08-31-2017, 12:25 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,878,536 times
Why do people in CA vacation anywhere, their life is a one big vacation it is warm all year round and not super hot and humid like Florida, Louisiana and Texas

Old 08-31-2017, 12:35 PM

1,576 posts, read 6,350,846 times
The OP's question is kinda like asking why a Denver resident would spend a week vacationing in Westerm Montana or the Wyoming Tetons. Some people just like beautiful mountain scenery and recreation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles