Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 03:54 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittle_star View Post
Since you're so into the truth with no sugarcoating, here's a transcript of Trump's direct quotes when speaking to Billy Bush in 2005, off camera, about various women he's met at various events, media, political, etc.

Trump: You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful [women] — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.
Bush: Whatever you want.
Trump: Grab ’em by the p*ssy. You can do anything.

That's our president, the truth teller, the non-sugarcoater, the "nice guy" who you write "is not a mean person," sharing his opinion about women and his belief that he can do whatever the hell he wants with them, that they "let him do it" because "he's a star." Yeah. He's a real prince.
Oh drop it already. If you want a betacuck for POTUS, go ahead and support Garcetti. Good luck with that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 03:59 PM

165 posts, read 150,520 times
I forget how much of a craphole this place really is, with comments like these.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:05 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Since you're so into the truth with no sugarcoating, here's a transcript of Trump's direct quotes when speaking to Billy Bush in 2005, off camera, about various women he's met at various events, media, political, etc.

Trump: You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful [women] — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.
Bush: Whatever you want.
Trump: Grab ’em by the p*ssy. You can do anything.

That's our president, the truth teller, the non-sugarcoater, the "nice guy" who you write "is not a mean person," sharing his opinion about women and his belief that he can do whatever the hell he wants with them, that they "let him do it" because "he's a star." Yeah. He's a real prince.
Meaningless locker-room talk. Anyone offended is clearly a person who has never heard this sort of blather. Women who are offended are prudes, pure and simple. Such prudes should listen to how gay men talk about their exploits. They would blow a fuse. Men. are. pigs.

But assuming arguendo his boasts were true, a populace loves a virile ruler.

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 12-11-2017 at 04:16 PM..

Old 12-11-2017, 04:11 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,465,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
i have very mixed feelings about Trump as people here know but I'm glad he did the right thing and expressed sympathy for a place that really, really dislikes him. That shows that he indeed has the capacity to forgive, which he does not often show, and that shows his better side coming to the forefront (which I have never denied exists)

I think Trump is an oaf and an incompetent president but he's not the bogeyman the Left makes him out to be, nor is he the messiah the Right swears he is. That being said, I'm glad he didn't make an ass out of himself with this tweet. Honestly, I want Trump to be at least somewhat of a decent president. I don't get the people who want him to always fail or screw up, unless we're talking about a certain policy. Like him or not we're probably stuck with him til 2020 and I rather be stuck with him than the stay-poof marshmallow man in the closet.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:55 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
[quote=brittle_star;50372683]Short of sending us his 'thoughts and prayers,' I haven't seen anything else.

California declares itself a sanctuary state and you expect something else?

Old 12-12-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Meaningless locker-room talk. Anyone offended is clearly a person who has never heard this sort of blather. Women who are offended are prudes, pure and simple. Such prudes should listen to how gay men talk about their exploits. They would blow a fuse. Men. are. pigs.

But assuming arguendo his boasts were true, a populace loves a virile ruler.
I wouldn't want to share the same airspace with you. It's obvious you've got the mindset of a sexual predator.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:42 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,978,357 times
Quote:
I wouldn't want to share the same airspace with you. It's obvious you've got the mindset of a sexual predator.
Both men and women talk like that though. I've heard it from both. It's only gross with Trump because the conversation was recorded and then leaked during the 2016 election for political gain.

My friend is a teacher and was telling me how he had to tell a female student to be quiet recently in class because she was talking to her friends about a black book on guys she had sex with. She was explaining who was more endowed, who had better stamina, etc.

The world isn't a Disney movie...

Old 12-12-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Both men and women talk like that though. I've heard it from both. It's only gross with Trump because the conversation was recorded and then leaked during the 2016 election for political gain.

My friend is a teacher and was telling me how he had to tell a female student to be quiet recently in class because she was talking to her friends about a black book on guys she had sex with. She was explaining who was more endowed, who had better stamina, etc.

The world isn't a Disney movie...
Point? Missed. Gaslighting? Attained.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:12 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,978,357 times
Quote:
Point? Missed. Gaslighting? Attained.
The point is these conversations happen all the time by both men and women. Many of these folks on TV who are talking down Trump for his comments have made similar ones in private (though some have been outed lately like Matt Lauer). Not saying what he said was in good taste but a lot of hypocrites trying to take the moral high ground with this.

Like that saying goes, you can point your finger at me but now you have three pointing back at you...

Old 12-12-2017, 11:43 AM

1,122 posts, read 962,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
She's using Fox News as the standard for whether or not CNN is lying. So if that's the baseline for her truths then MSNBC must seem like some wild unicorn ride. Seriously though our country hasn't been this radically divided in decades. It's pretty sad.
I actually listen to radio namely KFI 640 in Los Angeles and I follow Larry Elder - as well as Jesse Lee Peterson The Official Website of Reverend Jesse Lee Peterson | I also am an avid Twitter user. I know what is going on out there. Blah Blah Blah yep that's it - I am SHEEP and only listen to Fox. (rolling eyes) Nope, unlike most Liberals who listen Only to CNN. You would be better served if you awakened your senses - read up on ALL news out there and LISTENED to different outlets especially to get the truth if you care about the TRUTH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles