Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 11:06 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Bonin is under threat of a recall which is why Pacific Division has actually been at least trying to enforce the law. Koretz is in no danger of losing his job so West LA Division has no need to get their **** together.

There is more chance of Bonin responding to pressure than Koretz as Koretz has no incentive to do so.
I recently contacted the LAPD regarding homeless on Wilshire Blvd. on the southern border of Brentwood, and got the "being homeless isn't a crime" response, though I was told a "Transient Unit" would look into my concerns. So, I guess we'll see just how badly Bonehead Bonin wants to keep his job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 03:15 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I recently contacted the LAPD regarding homeless on Wilshire Blvd. on the southern border of Brentwood, and got the "being homeless isn't a crime" response, though I was told a "Transient Unit" would look into my concerns. So, I guess we'll see just how badly Bonehead Bonin wants to keep his job.
Transient Unit ? Is that the unit of LAPD that distributes the gift baskets that Garcetti meticulously puts together everyday ?

Old 12-13-2017, 08:32 AM

"News that one of Los Angeles’ most affluent neighborhoods was damaged in a fire sparked by some of the city’s poorest residents added a sober note to the incident, with some officials saying it underscores the need to do more to house the homeless"

Old 12-13-2017, 08:38 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
"News that one of Los Angeles’ most affluent neighborhoods was damaged in a fire sparked by some of the city’s poorest residents added a sober note to the incident, with some officials saying it underscores the need to do more to house the homeless"
Let's hope they house them in Bel Air. That would give the inhabitants a nice jolt of reality to puncture their Liberty Hill bubble.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:34 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,247,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
This thread is very offensive. Here they go blaming the poor defenseless homeless when it is clearly Agent Orange in the white house and his climate politics that led to this fire. #resist #strongertogether #wearetoo

/sarc

Old 12-13-2017, 12:25 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,860,522 times
I heard the governor say this is the new normal. Climate change is driving the homeless to cook food in the hills?

Old 12-13-2017, 12:54 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
No one wants the homeless in the front yard, but no one wants to deal with it. And those with the power don't wanna listen. Been an issue for decades under every California leader. Republican or Democrat. Didn't Reagan shut down the mental institutions pushing the mentally ill out onto the streets? Granted they were ****ty, did he atleast offer an alternative?

Old 12-13-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
The solution is to cut the root of the problem. The thing is, we're so far gone it's gonna take years to undo all the damage.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
The solution is to cut the root of the problem. The thing is, we're so far gone it's gonna take years to undo all the damage.
Part of the problem is that L.A pretty much encourages and tolerates the behavior of the homeless.
If you or I did a lot of the stuff they do we'd probably get tickets , fines or jail time .

Notice areas surrounding L.A don't have the same homeless problem .

It shouldn't be our problem to take care of all the countries homeless .

Old 12-13-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Part of the problem is that L.A pretty much encourages and tolerates the behavior of the homeless.
If you or I did a lot of the stuff they do we'd probably get tickets , fines or jail time .

Notice areas surrounding L.A don't have the same homeless problem .

It shouldn't be our problem to take care of all the countries homeless .
But there is an issue that is causing people to become homeless. We need to find that hole and patch it and help the rest off the streets and the ones who can't get back into society need a place to live out the rest of their days.
You're right. A lot of time we spend so much helping them but inadvertently encouraging them to stay homeless. Rather than encouraging them to do something about their situation. AKA tough love. At the same time, I've read personal experiences. Many say it's extremely hard to get out of homelessness. Eventually people give up and get into drinking or drugs. We need better programs to help people. Not to help them survive IN the streets, but to help them OFF the streets.

Another issue is the type of homeless that just don't wanna do anything but be homeless.

Either way, we're gonna have to foot the bill. But I understand the weariness to do so. Considering trusting any politician to get the work done is pretty hard to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles