Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In terms of quality of life do you LA in 5 years being
More livable than today 14 15.38%
Less livable than today 61 67.03%
About the same 16 17.58%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 04:17 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,587,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
Yeah. I know that it’s among the worst in the country. Not significantly worse than LA.

I leave my building and there’s a homeless person sleeping outside. I cross the street and there’s another. A group living outside a store as well. Maybe one more on the next block. Then I get to my bus stop and there’s one on each bus bench. Then at least one on the bus. Then several on the train. And so on. All day long.
I think the takeaway here is that you live in a ****hole (I'm sorry, is that a racist term now? I never know what with the moving goalposts based upon what some politician one side hates says) and, rather than think that means you have any idea as to the region's actual state of homelessness in relation to other regions you've admittedly never even set foot in, you should devote your energies towards upping your wealth game so you can live in a better area that isn't swarming with homeless. My entire original hypothesis was that this region is completely pay to play and your quality of life is what you can afford, and then you try to tell me I'm wrong even though only one of us isn't sharing walls with anyone, living in an area beset by homeless people, and forced to take public transit.

You can do that here (I live in such an area). You can't really do that in Seattle.

Also, I can't help but notice you've now moved the goalposts from "Los Angeles has a worse homeless problem" to "Seattle isn't 'significantly worse' than LA".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 07:31 PM

5,003 posts, read 5,985,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commonproject View Post
I never used quotes in any of my previous posts. I said it's a bigger problem, which is implied from my previous post below if the person reading has the comprehension of someone past kindergarten.

"The homeless population is also spread throughout downtown and adjacent places (Belltown, Capitol Hill), it's unavoidable for everyday life...LA's homeless is extremely concentrated while the area itself is very large."

But like I said, why don't you PM the mod yourself and ask. I can also just report you to the mods for spreading false information if that's what you prefer to keep doing.
I’ll take you at your word that you’re not the same person and chalk it up to you having difficulty expressing yourself. Not only does the quoted bit above not say what you claim, but it’s factually incorrect. It’s like you have no idea what you’re talking about because homelessness is most certainly not concentrated in one area. Quite the contrary.

Old 03-16-2018, 07:44 PM

5,003 posts, read 5,985,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
I think the takeaway here is that you live in a ****hole (I'm sorry, is that a racist term now? I never know what with the moving goalposts based upon what some politician one side hates says) and, rather than think that means you have any idea as to the region's actual state of homelessness in relation to other regions you've admittedly never even set foot in, you should devote your energies towards upping your wealth game so you can live in a better area that isn't swarming with homeless. My entire original hypothesis was that this region is completely pay to play and your quality of life is what you can afford, and then you try to tell me I'm wrong even though only one of us isn't sharing walls with anyone, living in an area beset by homeless people, and forced to take public transit.

You can do that here (I live in such an area). You can't really do that in Seattle.

Also, I can't help but notice you've now moved the goalposts from "Los Angeles has a worse homeless problem" to "Seattle isn't 'significantly worse' than LA".
I choose to live where I do. I own a car and choose to take public transportation. Are you really suggesting that your point is more valid because you have a bigger wallet? Maybe you do, maybe you don’t, but how lame is that position to take?

And I didn’t move the goalposts. You’re confused. Go back and reread my original post and the post that I quoted.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:42 AM

1,726 posts, read 1,722,865 times
Homelessness is less of an issue in the more conservative areas (i.e., Santa Clarita, Palos Verdes, etc.). Move there to avoid vagrants, or you could just move to Orange County.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:05 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
Homelessness is less of an issue in the more conservative areas (i.e., Santa Clarita, Palos Verdes, etc.). Move there to avoid vagrants, or you could just move to Orange County.
Problem with that is the same people who move to get away from leftist policies that ruined their original homes, move to new homes and continue voting the same way, starting the cycle over again.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:28 PM

783 posts, read 695,857 times
LA is getting better and better. The public transit is improving, the quality of the neighborhoods is going up. It still has the weather, beaches everything that a person could want. The one major drawback is the cost of housing. It is a problem, but all in all LA is doing great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles