Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 08:33 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,143,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
Distracted driving tickets were the easiest for me to cite. I didn't even have to go looking for them. I don't know how many times I pulled up next to or behind a vehicle and the driver never realized I was there filming them with my dash cam until it was too late.
I constantly check my mirrors, I would see you before you saw me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 08:43 PM

494 posts, read 286,161 times
i can't believe the people on this forum that believe texting and driving is safe. I've seen a lot of people on the freeways texting away while drifting into other lanes and slowing down then, when they realize what they are doing, they speed up. Some of them even have kids in the car with them! So dangerous!

Old 09-18-2019, 08:50 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,945,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Gee, goody-goody for you.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meekawal View Post
i can't believe the people on this forum that believe texting and driving is safe. I've seen a lot of people on the freeways texting away while drifting into other lanes and slowing down then, when they realize what they are doing, they speed up. Some of them even have kids in the car with them! So dangerous!

It's called expert driving Otherwise just buy Tesla and use Tesla auto drive and let the car follow the road while you use the phone.

Last edited by looker009; 09-18-2019 at 09:46 PM..

Old 09-18-2019, 09:40 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
How can you tweaker check your mirrors if your focus is hopin to get laid on your phone app? This makes no meth sense.

Just PM OC bimbo and you are golden. Two like minded. You are welcome.

Old 09-19-2019, 01:26 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,288,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
You mean my good judgement is showing, because when I drive my principal concern is safety.
by all means continue to practice safe driving.

what i meant is, old schools/people use their celfones for calling but younger ones use theirs for texting/checking/social media etc.

see the difference? boomers use a phone (celfone) primarily for calling.

gen y or millenials and gen x use it primarily to text. calling is just is just for really emergency

Old 09-19-2019, 04:27 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
by all means continue to practice safe driving.

what i meant is, old schools/people use their celfones for calling but younger ones use theirs for texting/checking/social media etc.

see the difference? boomers use a phone (celfone) primarily for calling.

gen y or millenials and gen x use it primarily to text. calling is just is just for really emergency
Yeah, I get all that, but I wish people would just use the mount for reading, and if they really need to respond to something critical then just pull to the side of the road. I see more people doing that these days, but not enough.

Old 09-19-2019, 04:37 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,288,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Yeah, I get all that, but I wish people would just use the mount for reading, and if they really need to respond to something critical then just pull to the side of the road. I see more people doing that these days, but not enough.
its all about multi tasking

its a requirement for jobs nowadays

/s

PS: I check my phone too during stop and can enter a pre set address while on the go too, in the free way. new address? i pull over

Old 09-19-2019, 04:59 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
It's called expert driving
Until that time when it isn't.

Father speaks after daughter killed in Sutter County crash/ Driver in pickup was texting when he crashed into car with 12-year-old, CHP says: https://www.kcra.com/article/father-...crash/28255137

"This is the image Michelle wants everyone to see: her daughter's car..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbAJZ4m21Gk

Old 09-19-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Until that time when it isn't.

Father speaks after daughter killed in Sutter County crash/ Driver in pickup was texting when he crashed into car with 12-year-old, CHP says: https://www.kcra.com/article/father-...crash/28255137

"This is the image Michelle wants everyone to see: her daughter's car..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbAJZ4m21Gk
Is that supposed to get me to stop texting and driving? If so, it will not. I will continue doing as I was doing before clicking on that YouTube link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles