Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 06:23 AM

1 posts, read 891 times

Advertisements

Interested to see how many positive interactions people that live here have had with famous individuals here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2022, 10:44 AM

23,626 posts, read 24,176,423 times
Around 2005/2006, when I lived in Southern California, I would play a short weekday 6 AM round of golf (i.e., back 9 holes, before going to the office) at Westlake Village Golf Course.

That morning, I was there at around 5:45 AM and starting to warm up at the driving range.
Right to my left was Will Smith, who was also hitting golf balls. I looked and gasped, as I was surprised.

He saw me gasp and smiled back and said something to the effect of: “yes, it’s me.”
Admittedly, I was somewhat starstruck and just said: “good morning.”

I have also seen Lucille Ball & Milton Berle (1988) dining at a restaurant in Beverly Hills.
I have seen Michael Keaton (1992/1993?) dining in Culver City.

Saw Betty White in Long Beach (2006?) at a dog show at the Convention Center.

Last edited by ccm123; 02-25-2022 at 11:23 AM..

Old 02-25-2022, 11:04 AM

11,090 posts, read 6,965,383 times
Saw Sonny & Cher at a tiny venue in 1965 right after their first hit.

Saw James Caan in 1971 walking outside the Jon Peters Salon where I was getting my hair cut as a treat to myself for my 20th birthday (VERY expensive). He looked exactly like he did on TV at the time.

At the same salon, Mrs. Irving Levinson (wife of a Hollywood mogul) kept smiling and smiling and smiling at me like she was so taken with me. I smiled back. I wish she could have become my bubbie and I'm not even Jewish. She was a doll.

Saw David Grisman eating brunch with his little son (grown now) in a cafe in Mill Valley. This interaction was a verbal gaffe on my part, very embarrassing.

Saw Peter Rowan at a belly dance festival soon after. His 14 yr old daughter at the time was performing. Another verbal gaffe. I decided at that point it is not worth being around celebrities. I get tongue-tied.

Passed Richard Belzer walking in Tribeca in 2008, deep in thought looking at the ground.

Saw the guy who played Lurch (Ted Cassidy) walking in my hometown circa 1969 or so. Somebody later told me he lived there.

For someone who grew in in the L.A. area, I sure haven't seen many celebs.

Oh, one more. I was exiting the 101 in Burbank many years ago. The car in front of me had Tom Cruise driving with his wife at the time (the first wife). He was looking in the mirror to see if someone recognized him (kid you not). He seemed satisfied that I had. Had a satisfied smirk on his face.

Last edited by pathrunner; 02-25-2022 at 11:14 AM..

Old 02-25-2022, 11:10 AM

397 posts, read 280,674 times
Back in the '80's I actually had someone come up to me on Hollywood Blvd. asking for my autograph, they were convinced they'd seen me in some movie, and couldn't be convinced that I wasn't lying about not being whoever they thought I was. So I signed my autograph.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:20 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,907,465 times
Sat next to William Shatner on a plane long ago. Never said a word. He dropped his boarding pass as he departed the plane. I still have it. Sat behind Ted Williams on another flight in 2000 and enjoyed his fishing stories. Only autograph I've ever asked for. Seen many others, but no interaction.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:55 PM

21,784 posts, read 16,448,161 times
I have sympathy for the famous stars. If I had a nickel for every time I’ve been mistaken for Robert Redford, Harrison Ford, or Richard Dean Anderson I could buy Hollywood outright. It’s a blessing and a curse.

Old 02-25-2022, 02:36 PM

13,585 posts, read 15,705,863 times
Sam Rubin of KTLA. I served him frozen yogurt at Humphey Yogart in Brentwood -- total jerk.

Martin Short. I ordered books for him at Crown Books in Pacific Palisades -- very nice guy.

Goldie Hawn -- my coworker helped her at same Crown Books. Total *****; snapped at my friend for his not recognizing her, despite his being from Holland and not a television watcher. And she was wearing sunglasses. She was such a ***** that other customers laughed at her after she stormed out of the store.

Jay Leno -- I see him at the annual Best of France and Italy car show. Heck of a nice guy, but everybody knows that.

Old 02-25-2022, 03:30 PM

397 posts, read 280,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I have sympathy for the famous stars. If I had a nickel for every time I’ve been mistaken for Robert Redford, Harrison Ford, or Richard Dean Anderson I could buy Hollywood outright. It’s a blessing and a curse.
I'm thinking they mistook me for Rodney Dangerfield...

Old 02-25-2022, 03:35 PM

21,784 posts, read 16,448,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb1067 View Post
I'm thinking they mistook me for Rodney Dangerfield...
Can’t get no respect …

Old 02-25-2022, 04:18 PM

4,572 posts, read 5,449,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiba99 View Post
What was a good/bad/funny/interesting etc interaction you had with a celebrity here?
Too many interactions to mention. But, one of my favorites is when I used to live in the Toluca Lake area, I'd go to the super popular coffee shop with my dog and hang out. Bob Hope would always come by in a golf cart being driven by his assistant/handler and greet my dog. He knew my dog by his name, and would usually come out with a cup of whipped cream for the dog. I always thought it was cool that Bob Hope knew my dog.

Dave Grohl lives in my neighborhood so I run into him often. One time, we were in Menchies and shared our "First Time Meeting Ozzy" stories over bowls of froyo. Was pretty funny and cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles