Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 08:47 PM

4,539 posts, read 10,647,550 times

Advertisements

Just went to an LA County located grocery store, no mask. As far as I could tell I was the only customer not wearing a mask. Amazingly, two of the employees were not wearing masks. No one bothered me, a few ninnies stayed away from me, and I was happy.

Nice of LA County to finally catch up with the rest of the country, though they still have a few rules on the books that they have no hope of enforcing and therefore ought not even have them in place at all.

Old 02-26-2022, 09:36 AM

8,376 posts, read 6,476,870 times
I haven't worn a mask for a year and a half except in stores and restraunts.
If you see someone wearing a mask you know their a Biden voter.

Old 02-26-2022, 11:47 AM

4,539 posts, read 10,647,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
If you see someone wearing a mask you know their a Biden voter.
It’s actually testimony to how low information LA County voters are that literally everyone else I saw was wearing a mask.

Old 02-26-2022, 02:53 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,770,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
It’s actually testimony to how low information LA County voters are that literally everyone else I saw was wearing a mask.
It's not lack of information, or even sheer inertia. It's a cult-like belief in masking as a great unifier and a salvation.

Old 02-26-2022, 02:59 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,444,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
That is what people are asking of you. I only add public transportation to it and you are doing good things.

Thank You.

Old 02-26-2022, 03:38 PM

21,789 posts, read 16,451,923 times
Ridicule of others has always been a popular human sport. I get it. Personally, rather than taking sides on many issues, I enjoy pointing out glitches, absurdities, anomalies, and illogic in others’ expressions of opinions … regardless of the positions in debate.

Once again here I find myself grossly amused at the ridicule one side aims at the other. While some anti-mask folks taunt those who continue to believe masking up has value, surveys show that WAY more people support masking than not.

Whatever.

83 Percent of Americans Support Wearing Masks, But Only Half Wear Them: Poll
https://www.newsweek.com/83-percent-...m-poll-1563944

So, whichever camp you are in … smug away at the other by all means!

But know that the VAST majority of folks think it’s not one bit stupid to wear a mask during an air-borne pandemic … even as it wanes.

Old 02-26-2022, 03:50 PM

26,814 posts, read 26,954,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
It's not lack of information, or even sheer inertia. It's a cult-like belief in masking as a great unifier and a salvation.
It appears as if you have a decidedly negative opinion about people in general.

Old 02-26-2022, 04:24 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,770,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Ridicule of others has always been a popular human sport. I get it. Personally, rather than taking sides on many issues, I enjoy pointing out glitches, absurdities, anomalies, and illogic in others’ expressions of opinions … regardless of the positions in debate.
One presumes that you are not insensitive to the irony of your assertion; that is, you're indulging in precisely that, of which you gleefully accuse others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
But know that the VAST majority of folks think it’s not one bit stupid to wear a mask during an air-borne pandemic … even as it wanes.
I'll leave uncommented the quip about stupidity - one way or the other - but unfortunately you are only too right, that masking is indeed popular. Even for persons who as individuals might bemoan a requirement to wear masks, there is only too often a latent desire, that others keep wearing their masks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
It appears as if you have a decidedly negative opinion about people in general.
I feel no animosity towards persons as individuals, regardless of their persuasions. Mine is not a moral argument. I abhor pain, be it my own or that of others or even of complete strangers. For that very reason, I take dim view of human life, and in particular of the taking of intrusive and assiduous means of prolonging life. That over the now-long sweep of modernity, aggregate life expectancy in the industrialized-countries has nearly doubled, I view as a bug, not a feature. Having longer to live, we have longer to endure pain. Wielding heretofore unimaginably great powers over nature, we have puffed-up our arrogance, demanding of our selves more, instead of settling for less.

Old 02-26-2022, 04:44 PM

8,376 posts, read 6,476,870 times
Mask wearing is Democrats religion and unifier.

Old 02-26-2022, 06:50 PM

21,789 posts, read 16,451,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
One presumes that you are not insensitive to the irony of your assertion; that is, you're indulging in precisely that, of which you gleefully accuse others...
Mmmm, yes and no. Am I “ridiculing others”? Well, yeah. Good natured ribbing though.
But also not arguing a side in what I consider a pointless debate at this juncture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles