Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2007, 04:09 PM

1 posts, read 6,975 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am a first time home buyer and wanted to know your idea about the community "Village on Oak" in Torrance. Have any one of you been there and what do you think about it? If anyone has bought it, what's your buying experience with them?

Thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 04:47 PM

82 posts, read 522,172 times
Default Torrance "Village On Oak"

I've lived in Torrance for 28 years and South Bay for 34 and I've never heard of it.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:42 PM

491 posts, read 2,290,820 times
I looked it up - it's a small new home development off of Carson, just east of Crenshaw. It's a good area, not far from Del Amo mall. The only thing that worries me a train track one block east on Madrid street. I wonder how many trains use it.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 6,930 times
Hi Jen, I hope this reply is still useful to you… if you’ve already found your home… congrats and welcome to the club!! =)

I live down the street from Village on Oak at Cabrillo Walk Townhomes (which was also built beside the railroad tracks). I've visited the models homes twice at VoO and have to say they are very nice in appearance. The community is gated and has a gated community pool, bbq, picnic area. I have a few dislikes as well as likes about the design and floorplans. But overall, they are very nice and I’m a bit green that they have a community pool area, whereas my community does not. =(

As far as living in Torrance, it's great. Some info pertinent to VoO that may help you….

(1.) VoO is across the street from a fairly large Presbyterian church. I've witnessed the busyness that occurs on Sundays when parishioners are exiting onto Oak St.

(2.) VoO is also across the street from Wilson Park where the Torrance Farmers Market is held every Tuesday & Saturday. They also hold their annual 4th of July festivities at Wilson Park. Might be cool to be able to see fireworks from your home at VoO.

(3.) The railroad tracks are utilized regularly for import/freight use. (Sometimes that train can take up to 20 minutes to pass.) This was a question I asked when I purchased my home and the response was soooo down played. So don’t believe them if they say something like, “You’ll hear the train every now and then.”. I’ve heard the train pass as late as midnight. BUT, our homes were built with double pane windows which actually help reduce the noise from the train by a lot to where it doesn’t bother or wake me up during my sleep. You may want to ask VoO if they’re built with double pane or maybe even sound proof windows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: