Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 10:41 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times

Advertisements

Can you please repeat the question. I stopped listening after "the valley" was mentioned.

lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 12:05 AM

241 posts, read 940,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbunniii View Post
The rest of LA doesn't care one way or the other about the Valley, in my experience.
same here seems like valley don't really have anything of its own or draw or bring anything like the rest of the city like downtown, south la, and east la areas. Like only go there if neccesary. Some seems like south of the hills is enough.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:05 AM

305 posts, read 771,450 times
The thing with the Valley is that they never want to cooperate with the city on anything.

When it came to installing rail and density in the Valley, people in the Valley fought the city tooth and nail to keep the Valley from becoming "a part" of the city.

If they long for sprawl, stucco, hot weather, no mass transit and lack of identity and culture, that's on them.

If they want to secede with no kind of economy and future, let them.

Look at many of the responses in this thread. People don't even care about the Valley AT ALL. They have no kind of culture, identity, or economy. Yet they want to secede from the city. They won't get very far if they managed to succeed, and every time there is a proposal to do so the entire city shuts them down. The Valley is what happens when you put a failed version of Orange County in L.A.

Although I will say some parts of the Valley are real nice. Tarzana comes to mind.

Maybe the Valley will come to it's senses one day and become "one" with the city. Until then though, they can feign superiority as much as they want.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:25 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,341 times
wow no culture in the valley? you have to be joking. we have the largest south african population outside of south africa, many israelis and persians in the woodland hills/tarzana/encino area, and one of the largest indian populations in la county. not to mention mexicans, but they pretty much are in most parts of la county.

the only drawback i can think about with living here is the weather. true public transportation is worse here than in downtown and hollywood, but what do you expect when you are in the suburbs? the closer you are to downtown in any city, the better the public transportation is. we also have the orange line which has been pretty doable for me and it links to the red line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J._in_L.A. View Post
The thing with the Valley is that they never want to cooperate with the city on anything.

When it came to installing rail and density in the Valley, people in the Valley fought the city tooth and nail to keep the Valley from becoming "a part" of the city.

If they long for sprawl, stucco, hot weather, no mass transit and lack of identity and culture, that's on them.

If they want to secede with no kind of economy and future, let them.

Look at many of the responses in this thread. People don't even care about the Valley AT ALL. They have no kind of culture, identity, or economy. Yet they want to secede from the city. They won't get very far if they managed to succeed, and every time there is a proposal to do so the entire city shuts them down. The Valley is what happens when you put a failed version of Orange County in L.A.

Although I will say some parts of the Valley are real nice. Tarzana comes to mind.

Maybe the Valley will come to it's senses one day and become "one" with the city. Until then though, they can feign superiority as much as they want.

Last edited by Naomi Manischewitz; 08-15-2009 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: added more.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:47 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,931,794 times
First off... I had to look up the meaning of what "beef" actually meant..

Now that I know, the real question is... who cares?

Old 08-15-2009, 05:04 PM

522 posts, read 715,949 times
Omg gag me with a spoon.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:17 PM

1,253 posts, read 2,946,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
good ole google

Old 08-15-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post

Now that I know, the real question is... who cares?
and that's exactly my point... who the heff cares? but it seems like everyone cares about where you're from and I don't get it.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
wow no culture in the valley? you have to be joking. we have the largest south african population outside of south africa, many israelis and persians in the woodland hills/tarzana/encino area, and one of the largest indian populations in la county. not to mention mexicans, but they pretty much are in most parts of la county.

the only drawback i can think about with living here is the weather. true public transportation is worse here than in downtown and hollywood, but what do you expect when you are in the suburbs? the closer you are to downtown in any city, the better the public transportation is. we also have the orange line which has been pretty doable for me and it links to the red line.
Yeah I agree with you. Where I work in Woodland Hills is full of Israelis, African Americans/West Indians, Persians and South Americans. The person who said the Valley has no culture obviously doesn't know much about the Valley and is just following all the others that talk rubbish about it.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:27 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,931,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
good ole google
Right. I sad I had to look up the meaning. Past tense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles