Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 03:34 PM

46 posts, read 200,016 times

Advertisements

Do you really run into movie stars in california? Who have you seen? Do people freak out . Are there clubs and places for movie stars only. THought it would be fun to hear stories ........Never been to L.A.. I have lived in a town with about 9,000 people or less my whole life? If it was your first time in Cal. Where would you recommend to go see ,fun places etc.

Last edited by Boxsixpack; 11-03-2006 at 04:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2006, 04:38 PM

989 posts, read 5,924,125 times
Yes-living in L.A. you see quite a lot of famous people-not only movie stars, but all types of celebs. It's very easy to find them if you know where to look-in certain grocery stores, salons, restaurants..etc. Celebs are all over the rich areas of LA, namely Malibu, Palisades, Brentwood, Bel Air, Beverly Hills, and Hollywood Hills. You must understand 85% of LA is no territory for celebs. It's is gangs, crime, illegals, and lower class people. On to your other question, Steve-O, the Jackass star, lives in an apartment in the same building next to my friend off of Sunset Blvd. Also- last week I was at a party and these kids came in from Andy Dicks party, and they had his ipod(they stole!) Funny enough, he had his own stuff/media on his ipod.

Old 11-03-2006, 05:15 PM

61 posts, read 290,749 times
You have got to be kidding.There are movie stars here and you will occasionally run into a couple .It won't be norm unless you don't have a job or family and spend most of your time hanging out on the "Social Scene"

Old 11-03-2006, 05:55 PM

117 posts, read 622,815 times
Been many years, but saw D.Gautier ( Hymie from Get Smart - The C.O.N.T.R.O.L. Robot), at a local grocery store.

When I first saw him, I couldn't figure out where I knew him from till one of the grocery store workers walked passed me while telling me who he was.
She was young girl thrilled to piece's that Hymie asked her where the note book paper was.

Also been many years, but I've also crossed paths with Roy Rogers, Dale Evans and their son here in town at some community events.

I do know of people who have rented out there homes for movies, and not only do you get to make some $$$, you get to hang out with stars in your home - of course depending on if they don't put you up in a hotel while they rent it.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNIEK View Post
You have got to be kidding.There are movie stars here and you will occasionally run into a couple .It won't be norm unless you don't have a job or family and spend most of your time hanging out on the "Social Scene"

Thanks for your reply,
Do you have any recommendations on fun places to go on vacation in california and places to see ?

Old 11-03-2006, 06:11 PM

8,940 posts, read 20,364,639 times
A few years before I met my wife, she was an "extra" in a number of movies, like AirForce One (was in the beginning of the movie in the dining area and very, very close to Harrison Ford)......was in Volcano (Tommy Lee Jones movie) and was on a Set right in downtown L.A.......she was also in Never Been Kissed (Drew Barrymore) in the Stands at the baseball game and she also done a few commercials. She had her own agent. She was invited to be on the set of Titanic (Leonardo DeCaprio), but it was being filmed in Mexico and she couldn't afford to go down there. She also didn't think the movie was going to be "block buster" the way it did.
I remember driving for an ambulance company in L.A. and riding in an elevator with Bing Crosby.
We now live in Colorado (Parker) and that is all gone. That's alright though.

Old 11-03-2006, 07:07 PM

676 posts, read 3,075,580 times
Oprah, Anthony Hopkins, Ellen Barkin, Lisa Kudrow from Friends, Jeff Daniels, Jeff Bridges, Michelle Pfeiffer, Coolio, Dr. Dre, Loni Anderson, Jay Mohr, Jermaine Jackson (Michael's bro), a Backstreet Boy, Neve Campbell (Party of 5), George Gaynes (Punky's Brewster's dad), the guys from Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ed Begley Jr., Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, Ted Dansan and his wife Mary Streenburgen and other soap stars I can't remember the names of and a couple of kids from Real World.....I sound like such a name dropper!! I lived in two places that just had a lot of stars who either lived there, had other homes there or would vacation there. I have also seen a few of those people at LAX airport. It is always exciting to see a celebrity, but at the same time when you grow up here you just act all cool about it and pretend like you don't notice. I kind of miss it now that I have moved away...

Old 11-03-2006, 07:27 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,605,697 times
A side effect of this being a "company town" for the entertainment industry is that the talent (official appellation of movie stars, singers, etc.) is as endemic here as coal is to a coal mining town, and with it a normalcy of sorts. Despite the less scrupulous of my photo profession jumping out of bushes to get tabloid shots, the locals are righteously blase about all the famous people they see here; it's a sign of cool to not make a fuss, maybe wave or thumbs up at most.

Imagine, then, my mortified horror when dining at an intimate restaurant with my parents, locals who should have known better, when my husband pointed out a tv star sitting behind my mother, who immediately, at the top of her lungs shrieked, "ALAN ALDA? ALAN ALDA IS HERE!?!?!" Indeed he was, with a woman who purportedly was not his wife. Thanks, mom.

Old 11-04-2006, 08:43 AM

Thank you... (For sharing your stories).:
Newportsbeachesmostwanted
Winniek
Thunderbird
LoveBoatig
Enlightenme
Fastfilm

Old 11-04-2006, 09:53 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,167,548 times
There are a lot of celebrities in the San Fernando Valley too. Many of them shop in the stores along Ventura Blvd.

Fastfilm was right when she said they are all over.

I don't know if people ignore them because it is cool to ignore them or if it is because there are so many of them and a lot of people don't recognize them when they see them. (I'm one of those -- I never know who anyone is. I met Tommy Lee and Nikki Sixx through work once and my boss asked me if I knew who they were. I said "Are they with the band Kiss?" He thought that was hysterical.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles