Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 08:44 PM

432 posts, read 1,086,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
How can McDonalds survive with all that good food around!?
Great question...

My only guess is that there will always be a huge market for fast food. I originally wrote "familiar fast food", but whenever a new chain locates here, it instantly becomes like mosquitoes to a bug zapper! In fairness, the same applied when Red Lobster stupidly tried to enter this market. Same result.

The difference, however, was that McDonald's, et al, have only all the other national chains to compete against, while Red Lobster came blazing in in the attempt to compete with Mom and Pop. Can anyone say DOOMED from the get-go?

Yet, I DO miss the Cajun Blaze from Burger Tyme! At least they were a local chain....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
Thai Cuisine is awesome too
Ate there today for lunch and went away hurting (in a good and sated way). They may not have the biggest buffet spread, but what they do bring out must be from the all-star menu selection. Great service as well.

On my to-do list is to check out Pimon Thai. They have a great local reputation and a usually full parking lot. Menu only. A phone conversation with the owner revealed his intent to ONLY serve cooked-to-order dishes. Apparently, that business plan is working well...

Last edited by JimLFT; 09-03-2010 at 07:10 PM..

Old 09-04-2010, 10:46 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,327,375 times
Pimon Thai isnt bad, but more of an Indian style IMO than Thai Cuisine. Cant really go wrong with either one.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:49 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,327,375 times
My family went to Nimbeaux's yesterday and I found the service and food to be really good there. I had catfish filet with crawfish etoufee on top and it was fantastic. They serve you very quickly and the owners hangs around talking Saints football and stuff. The place is kind of out of the way down South Congress, but its worth the trip.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:01 PM

91 posts, read 256,718 times
Corner Pantry behind Lafayette High School got good lunches. forgot the names of the cross roads there.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko500 View Post
Corner Pantry behind Lafayette High School got good lunches. forgot the names of the cross roads there.
Thanks for the reminder! I think its at the corner of Dulles and Marie Antoinette.

Been about twenty years, but I'm going to go there this weekend thanks to your reminder...

I'll be sure to give you all a review.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:51 AM

245 posts, read 455,418 times
Anyone mention T-Coon's or Edie's yet?

I'll mention that I can't say much about Edie's since they moved though. It looks like parking can be tough and I've heard it's really more of a pick-up place now. Anyone got the scoop?

Old 09-14-2010, 08:17 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,241,105 times
Tcoons was bought out. Not the original owner anymore. Don't hear much about that place anymore.

Edie's is still good regardless of location.

Corner Pantry is all right. Good gumbo. Weekend farmers market out back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana