Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 02:52 PM

947 posts, read 2,398,565 times

Advertisements

I am ready to move to somewhere besides Farmerville. By suggestions anyone? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank0604 View Post
It's already caught on in a lot of places. As you know, SoHo means "South of Houston (street)." So Austin has SoCo (South Congress Ave) and SoLa (South Lamar Blvd). Here in Chicago, a condo building just opened on the south side of North Ave called SoNo.

I kind of like SoBo. But I don't think you could make it work for Shreveport. SoSo, SoSh, SoPo--None of those sound very appealing...
Ok you are good but can you come up with something for Farmerville? If so I know you are REALLY good! LOL let's see what you got.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:13 PM

768 posts, read 4,385,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
I am ready to move to somewhere besides Farmerville. By suggestions anyone? LOL
Come to Shreveport-Bossier (preferably Bossier) ... I'd love to have you here.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCmetroguy View Post
Come to Shreveport-Bossier (preferably Bossier) ... I'd love to have you here.
Ok but what about houses and schools? I need a good house in a good school zone! Well the house does not have to be great but at least ok! How much is rent? And churches ? Let me know cause with my hubby job he is through there a lot! He goes to texas every week seems like except today he is headed to Alabama!

Old 03-10-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Ok but what about houses and schools? I need a good house in a good school zone! Well the house does not have to be great but at least ok! How much is rent? And churches ? Let me know cause with my hubby job he is through there a lot! He goes to texas every week seems like except today he is headed to Alabama!
When I get home (in about an hour or so) I'll type out some information on the Bossier area for you. I figure as a driver, he probably is over this way a lot. And also, Tango is based in Shreveport, and that is a pretty large trucking company. And then over in Ruston is Davison, which is also rather large.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:39 PM

See what you can find out! Right now hubby is driving for DAS a little company in Farmerville. He pulls flatbed kinds slow though right now. And I do not work because cost to much in child care! Anyways are what you can find out!

Old 03-10-2009, 04:11 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,323,842 times
Quote:
I visited Jamaica for a week 6 years ago ... honestly, I believe I would love to live there. And I don't mean on a resort either. How did you swing that? And did you like it? Are you black or white? That only matters because I'm curious how well you were accepted, I would assume as a white guy it would be harder for me to fit in.
Well I was a small boy at the time, and the reason for us moving there was my dad got an engineering job over there to work on designing a conveyor belt to transport iron ore. I honestly dont remember a whole lot, except that my parents used to scuba dive for conch shells over there and we lived up on a mountain. I am part Chinese and part Cajun, so Im sure we looked a bit odd being there, but the Jamaicans are pretty accomodating from what Ive heard. My dad said never to go into Kingston though, because it scared even him. We lived in the Mandeville area of Jamaica.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:46 PM

32 posts, read 160,809 times
Quote:
I can't speak for her, but I think she said her husband is in the Air Force and they got transferred to Barksdale in Bossier.
He speaks the truth. While I do miss home, here is nice too.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherBunster View Post
He speaks the truth. While I do miss home, here is nice too.
I know what you mean I miss Arkansas too! Mostly my family who still all lives there. All but my parents. But I think I would miss Florida more it just seems so fun.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
Well I was a small boy at the time, and the reason for us moving there was my dad got an engineering job over there to work on designing a conveyor belt to transport iron ore. I honestly dont remember a whole lot, except that my parents used to scuba dive for conch shells over there and we lived up on a mountain. I am part Chinese and part Cajun, so Im sure we looked a bit odd being there, but the Jamaicans are pretty accomodating from what Ive heard. My dad said never to go into Kingston though, because it scared even him. We lived in the Mandeville area of Jamaica.
Wow, very cool! Part Chinese and part Cajun? Yep, I'd say you stood out as much as anyone else would. Yes, Kingston is supposedly pretty bad, we stayed in Montego Bay at the Sandals resort, but we got out into the town and it was a very interesting place. Even being conned out of $5 by an old lady actually added to that trip. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana