Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 07:50 PM

39 posts, read 157,885 times

Advertisements

Hi We were just looking at some homes in Bullitt County, Sheperdsville to be exact...any takes on this area? It looks like a really nice place to live- what do all of you think?! Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 08:25 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,486,476 times
Bullitt County is the armpit of the Louisville Metro Area. It has the SECOND LOWEST percent college education rate in THE ENTIRE STATE!

Every county in Eastern Kentucky (<--LOL!) has a higher percent of college graduates.

So does the West End (aka "The Ghetto") of Louisville

9.2%. Bullitt County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

To fit in in there you need a gun rack in your pickup truck and a confederate flag in your yard!

Old 01-23-2008, 08:53 PM

666 posts, read 2,538,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Bullitt County is the armpit of the Louisville Metro Area. It has the SECOND LOWEST percent college education rate in THE ENTIRE STATE!

Every county in Eastern Kentucky (<--LOL!) has a higher percent of college graduates.

So does the West End (aka "The Ghetto") of Louisville

9.2%. Bullitt County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

To fit in in there you need a gun rack in your pickup truck and a confederate flag in your yard!
AMEN TO THAT lol. yeah dont move there you can find a much nicer place to live for around the same price, check out oldham or shelby counties if you want to be farther away from the city, you would probably even be better off looking in southern indiana

Old 01-24-2008, 05:06 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,088,265 times
Don't listen to these two. There are plenty of very very nice areas in Bullitt County and there are also very good people there. Apparently these two think country automatically means redneck.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:05 AM

25 posts, read 75,531 times
Default Resale values are lower in Bullitt County

There are lots of opportunties to buy more home for the money than other areas of Louisville and the surrounding counties but resale values are lower.

If you like a more rural setting I suggest Spencer or Shelby Counties. Resale is stronger there.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:22 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,486,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryreaves View Post
There are lots of opportunties to buy more home for the money than other areas of Louisville and the surrounding counties but resale values are lower.

If you like a more rural setting I suggest Spencer or Shelby Counties. Resale is stronger there.
With gas prices at $3 a gallon commuting 40 miles a day is a lot more expensive than it used to be - that's part of the reason Jefferson County new housing starts haven't declined as much as surrounding counties

Old 01-24-2008, 07:23 PM

39 posts, read 157,885 times
Wellll...I guess we won't be moving to Bullitt Co.! Thanks for the input, and back to the drawing board we go!

Old 01-25-2008, 03:51 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,751,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishard2 View Post
Wellll...I guess we won't be moving to Bullitt Co.! Thanks for the input, and back to the drawing board we go!
Bullit is not that bad. It has its redneck parts but also some very upscale subdivisions and beautiful middle class areas for cheap. The beginning of Shepherdsville big box retail boom that I predicted has started with Lowe's announcing it will build a Shepherdsville store today. I expect Walmart, Target, and perhaps a few more big box stores plus your typical chain restaurants to follow in the next 3 years.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:39 PM

5,477 posts, read 12,249,829 times
*sigh* Big box and chains...the beginning of the end.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:58 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,751,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
*sigh* Big box and chains...the beginning of the end.
I sort of agree...but Bullit doesn't have independent retail, so ANY retail is good. Its different here in the city where I haven't been to a big box in years. Why would I with so many good local stores and boutiques?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area