Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2011, 02:16 AM

12 posts, read 24,325 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move south with my boyfriend. We are both open to going just about anywhere. He works in a union up here in upstate NY as a carpenter and I am a human and equine massage therapist, and soon to be vet tech. Work would obviously be our main priority, but beyond that we want some serious country living. My dog, a couple cats and a horse will be coming with us. We are very low key, easy to get along with, and I think it's safe to say we are considered "country folk" . We are hard workers and like to be self sufficient. He would need work doing what he does as a carpenter and I need work at least as a human massage therapist and/or vet tech so I can rebuild my equine massage business. We like simple living-- I would be happy with going fishing, having bonfires and inviting my neighbors over for some beers on the weekends, riding my horse, playing guitar. And, of course, to live out in the country, although realistically we would need to rent to start out so that might narrow things down a bit.

So, with that picture painted, whereabouts do you think we would have a good chance fitting in and enjoying our new lives down south? I wouldn't even know where to start! Anybody have a southern state preference?? And let me know your reasons! I want some honest ideas

I am sure I am not alone when I say I would like some lower cost of living... And believe me I know that is harder and harder to find these days. But we would prefer low property tax, in case we love it and want to buy something there someday (I hope!!!!). Of course, I am pretty sure most states would seem cheap to us compared to NYS!

Any ideas would be great. We need to get the heck out of here. I am done with NYS and these darn winters. Thank you!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 08:24 PM

92 posts, read 234,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosgirl17 View Post
I am looking to move south with my boyfriend. We are both open to going just about anywhere. He works in a union up here in upstate NY as a carpenter and I am a human and equine massage therapist, and soon to be vet tech. Work would obviously be our main priority, but beyond that we want some serious country living. My dog, a couple cats and a horse will be coming with us. We are very low key, easy to get along with, and I think it's safe to say we are considered "country folk" . We are hard workers and like to be self sufficient. He would need work doing what he does as a carpenter and I need work at least as a human massage therapist and/or vet tech so I can rebuild my equine massage business. We like simple living-- I would be happy with going fishing, having bonfires and inviting my neighbors over for some beers on the weekends, riding my horse, playing guitar. And, of course, to live out in the country, although realistically we would need to rent to start out so that might narrow things down a bit.

So, with that picture painted, whereabouts do you think we would have a good chance fitting in and enjoying our new lives down south? I wouldn't even know where to start! Anybody have a southern state preference?? And let me know your reasons! I want some honest ideas

I am sure I am not alone when I say I would like some lower cost of living... And believe me I know that is harder and harder to find these days. But we would prefer low property tax, in case we love it and want to buy something there someday (I hope!!!!). Of course, I am pretty sure most states would seem cheap to us compared to NYS!

Any ideas would be great. We need to get the heck out of here. I am done with NYS and these darn winters. Thank you!!!!

Moving to atlanta would be great at this time of of year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
View detailed profiles of: