Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 09:08 PM

71 posts, read 57,808 times

Advertisements

4th best in the nation 2017 says trivago https://www.41nbc.com/2017/01/30/tra...-destinations/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 01:24 PM

909 posts, read 545,605 times
I was doing some carpet cleaning work of a friend of mines parent at the Dempsey Apartments on the seventh floor facing Cherry Street on Monday the 3rd of July. I tell you what a wonderful site it was truly enjoyed. I mean I done been on top of the former Southern Trust building that still sits on the corner of Cherry & First Street. That was when I was a little boy though. My dad would sometimes take me and my mom up to the rooftop to take a viewing of the city from above. This was done on the former Southern Trust building and it was usually did at night. I always wondered how many stories was the Dempsey Apartments building. Well inside the elevator the buttons went up highest to the number nine. Which makes it a high rise. Any building over eight stories is considered to be a high rise. A mid-rise building consists of three to eight stories. Though the Dempsey also has a basement floor and nine stories above ground. I also enjoyed the views this year from the fifth floor from the Heart Center of the Medical Center of Navicent Health, but the Dempsey Apartments view from the seventh floor facing Cherry Street beats 'em all because you can not only see up and down Cherry Street (the Terminal Station and the former Southern Trust building), but basically most of the central business district downtown.
Attached Thumbnails
Macon - underrated-20170703_173148-resized-2048.jpg   Macon - underrated-20170703_173204-resized-2048.jpg   Macon - underrated-20170703_173212-resized-2048.jpg   Macon - underrated-20170703_173217-resized-2048.jpg  

Old 08-09-2017, 12:24 AM

909 posts, read 545,605 times
When I am out an about shopping for an item or two. I often seem to notice as of this year that I am running across past/present doctors, nurses, teachers, and head of the transportation division of Macon-Bibb Planning & Zoning Commission. When I am at stores like Target, Wal-Mart, the Macon Mall, & Kroger. When speaking upon the past/present I am referring about the people that I have met over the last three years. I am originally from Macon-Bibb though I have lived in other parts of Georgia. I stayed in the neighborhood of Cascade Heights in the city of Atlanta for five years. Being back home in Macon I hear people always say that the city is behind. From my perspective the only that is behind is these community centers. Yeah the recreational centers here are far behind like 15-20 years. People say that it isn't much to do here. Of course that's a lie. Macon is a college town. For one I done did test to show that I have an entrepreneur mindset, so I am always looking for things that can grasp. A lot of individuals here aren't open minded. Most people have internet connection on some type of device on them or at home. To live in a big city in this era of age is really no need too. For one people say on first hand that Macon is a small town. Not even knowing actually what they are saying. A town consists of over 20,000 to anything under 50,000 people. Then they say that no its a small city. No it's not that either. A small city is anything over 50,000 to 99,999 (under a hundred thousand). To make it all short, Macon has over 100,000 people. It's a medium size city, because anything over a hundred thousand to under 250,000 people is a medium size city. Plus in land area of square miles. Macon-Bibb is the thirty largest city in the United States of America. With 250 square miles. That's bigger than the city Chicago. Which has 228 square miles. I was checking out an article about how the commercial and industrial taxes have increased but not residential property taxes here in Macon-Bibb. Though all this saying is that more people are saying it's cool to want to work & live here.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:25 PM

242 posts, read 340,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tiger View Post
When I am out an about shopping for an item or two. I often seem to notice as of this year that I am running across past/present doctors, nurses, teachers, and head of the transportation division of Macon-Bibb Planning & Zoning Commission. When I am at stores like Target, Wal-Mart, the Macon Mall, & Kroger. When speaking upon the past/present I am referring about the people that I have met over the last three years. I am originally from Macon-Bibb though I have lived in other parts of Georgia. I stayed in the neighborhood of Cascade Heights in the city of Atlanta for five years. Being back home in Macon I hear people always say that the city is behind. From my perspective the only that is behind is these community centers. Yeah the recreational centers here are far behind like 15-20 years. People say that it isn't much to do here. Of course that's a lie. Macon is a college town. For one I done did test to show that I have an entrepreneur mindset, so I am always looking for things that can grasp. A lot of individuals here aren't open minded. Most people have internet connection on some type of device on them or at home. To live in a big city in this era of age is really no need too. For one people say on first hand that Macon is a small town. Not even knowing actually what they are saying. A town consists of over 20,000 to anything under 50,000 people. Then they say that no its a small city. No it's not that either. A small city is anything over 50,000 to 99,999 (under a hundred thousand). To make it all short, Macon has over 100,000 people. It's a medium size city, because anything over a hundred thousand to under 250,000 people is a medium size city. Plus in land area of square miles. Macon-Bibb is the thirty largest city in the United States of America. With 250 square miles. That's bigger than the city Chicago. Which has 228 square miles. I was checking out an article about how the commercial and industrial taxes have increased but not residential property taxes here in Macon-Bibb. Though all this saying is that more people are saying it's cool to want to work & live here.
Well Said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon