Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2010, 09:35 AM

7 posts, read 19,220 times

Advertisements

Can any Madison area pet bird owners kindly recommend a veterinarian with avian certification or other related specialty training for an inbound family that has a green-cheek conure? Thanks in advance for your replies. I did do a forum search before posting and was unable to find any earlier thread on this subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 10:03 AM

57 posts, read 196,784 times
I don't think there are any certified avian vets in the entire region (I have a black-capped conure). There were only 1 or 2 in the metro region I used to live in which had 10 times the population here. The UW-Animal Hospital is one of few options for exotics, another that I've used for an iguana is Verona Animal Hospital and they were very good - I'd take my bird there if it were needed (haven't had to use one yet since moving here for the bird). However, their website no longer says they take exotics, so it's possible that the vet that provided that service is no longer there.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:22 AM

Thanks for this quick reply, Rekuci. Would you happen to know if the UW-Animal Hospital is open to the public for pet care or does its UW affiliation in some way limit access to those not associated with the school? Am hoping others who see the thread will also weigh in with suggestions/experience that could be helpful . . .

Old 08-21-2010, 06:38 PM

1,741 posts, read 5,399,354 times
Anyone can go the the UW Veterinary School Hospital. Just call and make an appointment. Most people with exotics do use them.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:23 PM

Thanks for confirming this, Megan. Very relieved to hear this expertise is available when needed.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,829 times
Sorry this is late, but there is a traveling vet that specilaizes in birds. He is in Sauk City 2 times per year, in Monroe a couple times per year. He is great and we get a full work up on our African Grey (Trim nails, trim beak, check breast bone, trim wings, pull old feathers, weight and general check up for $20. Check with Animal House pet store in Sauk City. Will be here the end of April
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison