Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2021, 09:37 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times

Advertisements

What a FUN post!!! I think I'll jump on...

I'm a lifetime Wisconsinite. Yet I spend my free time in Illinois as much as possible. Heck, I went down to Chicago last night from about 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., and then came back home AND back to work today.

I am going to agree with the OP, actually, that Illinois women seem to be, overall, physically more attractive. I AM bearing in mind that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and everyone has their likes/dislikes, and NO ONE is correct! THAT is the beauty of diversity!

And SPEAKING of diversity, I am just always so impressed that I see an array of women (East Asian descent, Middle Eastern descent, Hispanic descent) in Illinois WAY more than I ever do in the southeast Wisconsin area.

My observation is Illinoisans tend to look much more physically fit than Wisconsinites. In the case of Chicagoans, part of the reason is many people use public transportation; hence everyday they spend more time walking to various trains, etc.

My family asks why I date mostly Hispanic Illinois women. Well, I use Bumble, OK Cupid, and Face Book dating, and I set the distance to 100 miles!!!! THAT means, it should pick up hits on others all the way north to Green Bay and all the way west to Madison!.... But 90% of responders are from Illinois, and they tend to be Hispanic!... So WHO knows?!? It is what it is, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2021, 10:39 AM

19,802 posts, read 9,341,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
WI is a nice state. Lakes, Bluffs, green, mostly flat though. There’s mostly lots of nice areas to settle down. Madison is a jewel of a small city. I’m leaving though. I am shocked how much obesity is here. Even with children under 10. Even a good amount of teenagers. And certainly over 90% of the mature women in my opinion. I’ve never seen nothing like it. All the hot women over 40 are in Minnesota or neighboring Illinois. Therefore a decent looking fit single guy over 40 needs to really consider before moving to Wisconsin. It’s not a friendly populace either. Maybe except for Milwaukee. It’s a nice state but miserable if your a single male. Get used to a lot of rejection especially by women who aren’t remotely attractive. What gives in Wisconsin? Why is there so much severe obesity?
And the Misogynist of the Year award goes to . . .

P.S. On Edit: I am sure that you are a solid Ten, right?

Btw, I am 68, happily married, of average weight (size 8), and so I have no "skin in the game", but I just despise people of either sex who place more importance on appearance than any other quality. And maybe you don't, but I have known men who have (although they were all under age 30.

Last edited by katharsis; 10-20-2021 at 10:50 AM..

Old 10-20-2021, 10:41 AM

katharsis...

MASTER JAY!!!

Old 10-20-2021, 11:06 AM

katharsis, I KNEW you were NOT nominating me!

You know, as a man of 5'6" stature, I have, in my lifetime, had women literally tell me they were not interested because of my height.

It happens. Again, I think everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes. I don't take offense if I've been rejected for my height by a few people in my life.

But 90% have NOT. I mean, come on. I'm a 5'6" guy who is absolutely charming and built solid. And modest.

See??? The OP DID make this post FUN for us!

Old 10-20-2021, 11:09 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,234,397 times
The OP is living proof that you can fake physical attributes, but you can't fake a personality. He cant even get action from so-called obese women.

Old 10-20-2021, 11:18 AM

carnivalday, oh NO you didn't!

Old 10-20-2021, 11:57 AM

2,661 posts, read 3,856,083 times
This is an awesomely entertaining string - please keep it going!

Old 10-20-2021, 12:00 PM

ccjarider, RIGHT?!?

I mean, it DID bring in several contributors!!!!

Old 10-20-2021, 01:30 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,940,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
The OP is living proof that you can fake physical attributes, but you can't fake a personality. He cant even get action from so-called obese women.
Right? If anything, this is a huge thumbs up to Wisconsin women. The "natural bodybuilder" that thinks they are all that and mighty entitled are being rejected by those he thinks he is above.

Wise ladies. They know ______ when they meet em.

Old 10-20-2021, 01:42 PM

25,559 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Fat?......... I dunno. Statistically, I live in the fattest state - Mississippi.
I have lived in about 10 states and traveled to 49. Never met anyone from Wisconsin that I did not like. Even when I was in the service - if the car broke down some guy from Wisconsin would know how to fix it; if we met some girls the Wisconsin guys at least knew how to be polite. I've always liked Wisconsin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison