Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 11:23 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times

Advertisements

Sorry, you'll have to find another one to **tch and moan about!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 11:24 AM

228 posts, read 220,940 times
[quote=AlisonL;1292625]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alot of innocent people would stay in jail QUOTE

I thought guilty people stayed in jail, and innocent people didn't? Must be one of those good old boy courts in Caribou. LOL
Alison yes Caribou is full of those good old boy's but if you go to the Maine Supreme Cout Decisions you will see that these are not from Aroostook County. I am not saying these judges know what there doing but the people up here are to afraid to fight them even if they are not guilty .Not all of them once in a while you will see somebody who will stand up to them but it takes a strong person.So Allison from Aug 9th to Aug 16th 13 cases have went to the apellette and 9 of them have been vacated if only the local judges had done thier job's right in the first place! Our taxes hard at work

Old 08-16-2007, 11:25 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
Again, in Texas we just 'git er done and shoot 'em! Problem solved!!

Old 08-16-2007, 11:25 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
lol Alison!

Well, LTTT, I just don't agree with you at all. I think someone is doing their job, and that's why cases are being overturned. I don't mind paying my taxes, I don't complain about my taxes. I get what I pay for, and I think that's reasonable. But I don't see my taxes connected to over-turned decisions as you do. That's a huge stretch for me.

I will say one thing though, I find it very interesting that you provide these statistics, but when I asked you for data or facts to back up all your inflammatory statements made in other threads, you failed to provide them. Why is that?

BTW--There refers to a place, not ownership. Their refers to ownership.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:30 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Sorry, you'll have to find another one to **tch and moan about!
I'm sure he will!

Old 08-16-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Doesn't sound to me like the legal system in Maine is any different than any other state. All the states have verdict reversals probably about the same percentage - Maine is no worse than anywhere else as far as judges, legal beagles and court systems are concerned.
Corgis you are right but this is the state I live in and if we don't stand up and say something nothing will change.This state is not the rose garden alot of people are painting it I am just trying to put a little truth in the picture.When new people come here they need to be fully informed.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
lol Alison!

Well, LTTT, I just don't agree with you at all. I think someone is doing their job, and that's why cases are being overturned. I don't mind paying my taxes, I don't complain about my taxes. I get what I pay for, and I think that's reasonable. But I don't see my taxes connected to over-turned decisions as you do. That's a huge stretch for me.

I will say one thing though, I find it very interesting that you provide these statistics, but when I asked you for data or facts to back up all your inflammatory statements made in other threads, you failed to provide them. Why is that?

BTW--There refers to a place, not ownership. Their refers to ownership.
I do agree with you the appelette court is doing thier job. The only thing I feel is our local judges are making them work to hard.Do you know it takes app. 2 years to get a appeal heard and that's because the appelette court is so backed up with undoing the mess our local judges make!!

Old 08-16-2007, 12:23 PM

581 posts, read 713,377 times
Looking at broader issues, what about the case of Scott Hewitt, the 34 year old truck driver with 63 driving violations and 2 driving fatalities? Doesn't this suggest that the system needs a little fine tuning?
Here's a report and interview with Mr. Hewitt:
http://www.wgan.com/upload/hewittinterviewpart1.mp3 (broken link) (August 17th, 2007)

Old 08-16-2007, 12:34 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,363,371 times
LTTT,
May I suggest you run for governor. That way you can make all the cleanup efforts you like.
Corgis hit the nail on the head....its the same in ALL states.

And there is only one "L" in my name, thank you.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:49 PM

169 posts, read 550,475 times
so it would seem then that the local police are corrupt and wasting the taxpayers money by making false arrests that won't stand up in court upon appeal?

what should the local people do about that to save some money. what would your solution to that problem be?

is the local sheriff an elected official? how do the voters feel about him/her?

is tax money being wasted on the tenured teachers who teach spelling in your area? what should be done about that?

maine spends a lot of $$$ ensuring that pregnant women will have healthy pregnancies and that the infant mortality rate stays extremely low in maine. is this money well spent?

lets branch away from the court system and find some solutions and savings. wanna?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: