Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 06:34 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,452,647 times

Advertisements

dmyankee, I hope Tommy Franks is remembered as favorably for the initial win into Iraq. Unprecedented.

Soon enough, the bases in far away locations will be outdated and unnecessary. Our air power will be able to search and destroy almost all targets and if not, then again, our air power will have the capability to dropship small, well defined 'kill units' in to specific regions for required removal of rogues. The days of thousands of foot soldiers will become obsolete.

If our policy is watered down, they'll regret it upon the next attack. Others will suffer and likely pay with their lives for their foolish ideology. Sort of like Somalia revisited. >:

Last edited by CoastalMaine; 11-03-2008 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: Forgot to put his name on the post.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:35 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,673,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Democratic kool aid drinker? Isn't name calling and attacking the person rather than the topic against TOS? Yup, let's go back to civility - birds, recipes and Nordic Walking Sticks.

Speaking of walking sticks, I saw beautiful sticks at Star's house today and again at a grocery later. They're much nicer than Nordic, much more "Maine."
I removed the Kool aid thing ...you're right it was a bit harsh.... I don't like people picking on Sarah Palin. It's like they're picking on my wife...Not a good thing to do!

Old 11-03-2008, 06:43 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,673,997 times
Molly...This and many other posts demonstrate the reason we never discuss politics, religion, or sexual preferences at our holiday dinner table! It will always escalate into a shouting and finger pointing match which is absolutely non productive.
To a certain extent CD has a similar policy though a healthy debate is a good thing now and then. We will agree to disagree and vote for our candidates regardless of other's opinion.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:53 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,754,419 times
Maineah summed it up....

Sex, religion and politics should never be discussed among friends

How about we all cool our jets and take a step back. We normally get along so well amd enjoy each other's cyber company.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:57 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,386,209 times
I try not to discuss politics, religion or walking sticks in this forum. I like and respect the people here to much to argue.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:59 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,580,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
dmyankee, I hope Tommy Franks is remembered as favorably for the initial win into Iraq. Unprecedented.

Soon enough, the bases in far away locations will be outdated and unnecessary. Our air power will be able to search and destroy almost all targets and if not, then again, our air power will have the capability to dropship small, well defined 'kill units' in to specific regions for required removal of rogues. The days of thousands of foot soldiers will become obsolete.

If our policy is watered down, they'll regret it upon the next attack. Others will suffer and likely pay with their lives for their foolish ideology. Sort of like Somalia revisited. >:
They have been outdated for 40+ years. Just like the smart bombs of today have replaced "the Box" of the Arc Light carpet bombing by wings of B-52s. Sometimes though, I think if you have to take out an entire block or two, take it out.

This is typical of all wars, however. The technology out paces the tactics and the command just doesn't get it until it is too late.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:02 PM

96 posts, read 201,455 times
Nothing like politics to get the blood pressure up. I know that with this presidential election, I wouldn't bring it up in discussion amongst friends if I knew they did not agree with my views. I've never seen people so fired up! It's been such a long wait building up to tomorrow...I've had outright anxiety over it for the past 2 months. I can't wait til tomorrow's over with and we can start getting used to whoever is going to win! That being said...please VOTE!

Old 11-03-2008, 07:11 PM

dmyankee, the command's been getting the technology during this war and it's been awesome. Bush did make sure of that. The military got got good raises and better living conditions under his watch. I spent his whole presidency as the wife of an army officer (minus the last 4 months). He's not been right on everything, but he's done well with what he's had for options most of the time. Time will put him up there with the war generals as a heroic president. Now I'm sure I've invited the wrath of everyone. lol But that's my opinion and I'm stickin' with it. I call it real clear politics. You betcha! Wink wink!!

Old 11-03-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadling81 View Post
Nothing like politics to get the blood pressure up. I know that with this presidential election, I wouldn't bring it up in discussion amongst friends if I knew they did not agree with my views. I've never seen people so fired up! It's been such a long wait building up to tomorrow...I've had outright anxiety over it for the past 2 months. I can't wait til tomorrow's over with and we can start getting used to whoever is going to win! That being said...please VOTE!
Yup toadlings, it's like we've been constipated for two months!!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 07:41 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,580,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
dmyankee, the command's been getting the technology during this war and it's been awesome. Bush did make sure of that. The military got got good raises and better living conditions under his watch. I spent his whole presidency as the wife of an army officer (minus the last 4 months). He's not been right on everything, but he's done well with what he's had for options most of the time. Time will put him up there with the war generals as a heroic president. Now I'm sure I've invited the wrath of everyone. lol But that's my opinion and I'm stickin' with it. I call it real clear politics. You betcha! Wink wink!!
Thank you both for your service!

That is the trouble with the Maine pols and other Dems, along with their willing accomplices in the media. They have so vilified this President from day one that the liberal kool drinkers aid believe this crap. Notice that we have not been attacked by the Islamo-Fascists for seven years. That will be W's legacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine