Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 06:48 PM

86 posts, read 238,690 times

Advertisements

Budget was a great price for what we wanted.
We rented a 16' truck and a flat bed car carrier, got 3200miles credit and 13 day rental for little over $1300.
Gas in the trip ran around $1500.
Budget Truck Rental – Reserve Your Moving Truck / Get a Moving Quote / Public Storage & Self Storage Units think was the link.

Well got the truck 6/20 and loaded it up and left Seattle at 1pm and drove to Spokane, wa to stay with family, got there about 6pm.

6/21 Left Spokane and took I-90 to Billings, Mt. Stayed at Super 8 since it was pet friendly.

6/22 Left and the driver's rear inside dual tire blew out in Box Elder South Dakota, took 90min to get fixed and drove to Chamberlain, SD and stayed at Super 8, real crappy motel there.
Driving thought Minnesota we saw funnel clouds to the North and South of us. LOL.. I was driving like a mad man.....

6/23 Left and the driver's read outside tire of the dual blew out (now got both tires replaced) east of La Crosse, Wi. took about 90min and drove to around Stoughton, Wi aqnd stayed at another Super 8.

6/24 Left and drove to Erie, Pa. thew Super 8 was NOT pet friendly so drove across the freeway and stayed at Days Inn. That day we drove 632miles. WAS VERY TIRED.....

6/25 Drove and stayed in Marlborough, Ma since getting to Portland, Ma we would be there about 11pm. Stayed at the Red Roof Inn. Best place we stayed in and pet friendly and would recommend it.

6/26 Finished drive to Portland, Maine.

Biggest passes I had was Cascades which are east of Seattle, then in Idaho had 4th of July pass and Look Out Pass and in Montana the Continental Divide.

Last move I did was in like 1995 moved from S. Calif to Seattle, Wa.
Got brother and family over there. Feels weird to be so far from them.
BUT onto my new life.

Here is the link to my condo [SIZE=+0]MLS Northwest Reports (502) (http://locator.nwmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi.dll?APPNAME=Locator&PRGNAME=MLSLogin&ARGU MENT=I9xUF6hi%2BAmcF%2B8gU%2BqONua6yn9XBcfcTjnL125 jIJk%3D&KeyRid=1&Include_Search_Criteria= - broken link) we painted it, new carpet and kitchen flooring.
Once I sell it I will only have a bill for cell phone and insurance. What a weird feeling.....

Once I get a job and a house I will start brewing beer..

During the trip I lost 4 32oz bottles 8-(..

Took I-90 all the way, what I got to Rockforf, Illinois I took I-39 south to I-80 east to avoid Chicago and that hooked up to the I-90.

Well time for a cold one, maybe soon join you all at a outing, till then cheers....
[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 07:06 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,378,632 times
Gee what a trip you had!! I'm glad you made it safe and sound. Moving su-u-u-ucks. Welcome Home.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:32 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,884,828 times
Welcome, bud. What a move!! Bet yer glad its behind ya. Welcome to Maine and home.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:42 PM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffie
Budget was a great price for what we wanted. ...

6/26 Finished drive to Portland, Maine.
Woo Hoo !

Old 06-27-2009, 03:20 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
congrats on your moving to maine!!!

if you brew your own beer,( and share it) then dont ever worry about "fittin in" with mainers..

Old 06-27-2009, 04:29 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,517,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
congrats on your moving to maine!!!

if you brew your own beer,( and share it) then dont ever worry about "fittin in" with mainers..
LOL.. that's definitely a great way to make friends.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:25 AM

874 posts, read 1,855,083 times
Congratulations!

Old 06-27-2009, 10:34 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,543,305 times
Smile Good for you, congrats!

My husband and I were in Portland for a day and a half, while waiting for our Cat engine repairs at the local Freightliner shop. We loved it. Like you, he's a So. Cal guy, but we moved to Seattle from Tucson, in '90. We've been traveling the country in our RV, looking for Mayberry, since last Sept. I was getting pretty disappointed about the dismal options ~ lots and lots of great places to visit BUT.... Then, we arrive in Maine. LOVE IT!!!

As far as I can tell, it's a WHOLE STATE FULL of Mayberries.

We're camped between Thomaston and Cushing, right now. I could sit and watch the view change with the sun, weather, and tides for the rest of my life, except going into the different little towns is so much fun.

Yesterday, we visited Rockland -- I've already started browsing real estate listings. My list of towns to check out grows.

Please continue to post how you are settling into your new home.

All the best.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:12 AM

86 posts, read 238,690 times
We are staying at her mom's place for now.
Its a little 2bd 1ba place and her son is here, so very cramped.
Her mom is letting us use her room and she sleeps on the couch and does not mind.
We got here and brought the basics in.
I took everyone to the new Seadogs eatting place in S Portland. It was very good food and big portions.
Next day we rented a 10x10 storage thats in a climate controled / secured building. I figured $150mo was not bad for a fast place to keep stuff. My brother said in Seattle the price would have been $80 mo... DOH!!!

So I'm job hunting and hope to sell my condo then get a apartment.
Its a weird feeling to see my condo that I lived in for 10 years for sale.
On the good side, once it sells my only bills will be cell phone and insurance.

May be a few till I get to brewing.

So where are the good brew shops located?
Anyone got addresses and or links?

Old 06-29-2009, 09:49 AM

3,638 posts, read 6,165,606 times
Default Made it to Maine

welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine