Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 04:56 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,168,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
So reloop....tell us... how do you REALLY feel?
That about sums it up. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 04:07 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,425,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maureenb View Post

What else I like: maps and diagrams to go with news; NASA photos; stuff like that makes news interesting to me. BBC supplies that kind of stuff, and I love it.
I still have Fox News as my homepage....it loads slow but oh well.

Here is one to bookmark. (I think so anyway.)

Old 04-29-2010, 04:21 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
lol...I just get incredibly frustrated with the dramatization of news now - it really doesn't matter whether it's Fox or CNN or network news - ALL of it's about getting the ratings, and little more IMHO.

I long for the day when news can be presented completely sans "drama" and stupid facial expressions (and absolutely ADS on the internet) which clearly convey what the anchor is thinking. I don't care what anyone says. When morose music is played at the beginning of a story, and the announcer looks like they're about to reach for a hanky, it jades the viewers. Brian Williams can at least for the most part anyway keep a straight face, but he's got that quirky little jerk thing going on lol.

Ya know, it's that pesky human nature thing. Place one crying baby in a roomful of smiling one and watch what happens. It's why we get fired up over things that are half truths IMHO.

And while I'm on a roll here I'll add that when Tiger Woods is the LEAD STORY to the nightly news, something is terribly, terribly wrong with this society as far as I'm concerned.

Okay, I'll shut my trap now.
Let me see....Brian Williams....Megyn Kelly.......I'll stick with Fox!

Old 04-30-2010, 04:34 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,887,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
I still have Fox News as my homepage....it loads slow but oh well.

Here is one to bookmark. (I think so anyway.)

The Guardian is good. I like the page 3 girls in the Sun though. And the BBC does a good job like maureenb says. Maybe we should get colonized again. Just keep OUR food.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:21 PM

The Lady Red Claws Dance Team is a pretty cute group of girls too, and the really CAN dance! Their tryouts are in June. If you're a local hottie (or even a semi-hottie) and like to dance for a crowd here's your chance!
NBA Development League: Maine Red Claws

Old 05-01-2010, 06:04 PM

783 posts, read 1,575,129 times
Smile new friends!

Hey, All!

I had the pleasure of meeting "lovemaine" in person this morning for a hike at Lucia Beach (Birch Point State Park)!

You all know how nice she is on the boards - well, she's even nicer in person!!!

As we were walking back up the road to the gate, she said, "Wow, isn't that sky beautiful!" And it was, indeed, the bluest of blues today.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:05 PM

502 posts, read 1,735,875 times
So what topics are allowed to be discussed in the off-topic thread? Anything? Or does it still need to be maine based?

Old 05-02-2010, 03:08 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,425,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax1997 View Post
So what topics are allowed to be discussed in the off-topic thread? Anything? Or does it still need to be maine based?
The OT thread is for whatever tickles your fancy within the guidelines of the Terms of Service.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:53 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,696,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maureenb View Post
Hey, All!

I had the pleasure of meeting "lovemaine" in person this morning for a hike at Lucia Beach (Birch Point State Park)!

You all know how nice she is on the boards - well, she's even nicer in person!!!

As we were walking back up the road to the gate, she said, "Wow, isn't that sky beautiful!" And it was, indeed, the bluest of blues today.

That's a beautiful photo, maureen! It was a pleasure to meet you too! (And you couldn't be any nicer!) Looking forward to our next walk, I mean hike!

Old 05-04-2010, 10:25 AM

I like Smithwick's Irish Ale!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine