Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 05:13 PM

783 posts, read 2,258,295 times

Advertisements

I dunno. I'm a big fellow (over 350) and I've been VERY happy with my Simmons Beautyrest pillowtop I bought two years ago. Has a ten year warranty and so far I have no cause to use it. EVERYONE who drops by and plops down on it comments on how comfortable it is. I LOVE my bed, it's the best $1000 I spent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 06:07 AM

47 posts, read 87,173 times
Default Hi

Hi...

I can understand your pain because I am also suffering from same problem. I don't have a good pillow and I always change it and now I have a collection of different types of pillows. It seems that I started a pillow shop. My friends always suggest me to open a pillow shop just because of my pain. Can you please tell me from where you bought your pillow mattress and pillows?

Thanks...

Old 11-02-2010, 02:09 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,294,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggier View Post
I've had my Sleep Number bed something on the order of 15 or so years and just love it. They lose air after a couple of years??? Hmmm...never heard that. They do gain/lose air based on ambient temperature (just like vehicle tires ), but adjusting this is nothing more than a quick adjustment via the remote control.

It's really a terrific bed. Stays cool, weighs nothing. It's such a simple concept that really provides a great night's sleep. This isn't an advertisement, just a very satisfied Sleep Number bed customer who would buy another one in a heartbeat.
Another satisfied Sleep Number user here. My older 3000 series is still in perfect shape after 8 years. I've heard storuies of mold forming inside them, but I've never seen any evidence of it.

I've also heard people complain that it's just an overpriced camping mattress. While both contain air, they are about as similar as a Mercedes E Class and a Chevy Cobalt.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,200 times
Default Wenatex

We do have one of these European design firm beds. We are fortunate to live in Australia where the Austrian company has expanded.

We've had the bed for about 15 years and it has retained it's shape in that time. The foam core mattress is inside of quilted mattress cover in 2 parts which you wash in a washing machine and hang to dry, recommended once a year. We also have the pillows which you fill to the desired size as well as the bedspread.

They are manufactured in Austria, Germany & Italy. They can be shipped worldwide as the mattress is compressed in a small roll, which when removed from it's cover expands to it's proper size.

You can read more about it at: [url=http://wenatex.com.au/wenatex_about.asp]About Wenatex :: Wenatex Australia :: Back Pain, Bed Bugs, Dust mites, Lumbago, Allergy[/url]

Old 12-06-2014, 07:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,435 times
The best bed I have ever had is a number bed. I have never heard if them losing air. Plus, if they do loose air due to temperature change all you need to do is use your remote and make it firm again.
Plus they come with a ten year warranty so if it did have a problem you can get it taken care of for ten years.
This sound like a number bed would be your best bet. And they also
Now come with a cooling topper if you want, not to mention massage and they are also adjustable as well. So now they truly are the PERFECT bed for anyone. And my husband weighs 350lbs and it's great for him as well.

Old 12-06-2014, 04:27 PM

450 posts, read 798,973 times
What happens with a Sleep Number bed in a prolonged power outage?

Old 12-06-2014, 06:16 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
Seriously, WHAT does this have to do w/Maryland??????

Old 12-07-2014, 07:04 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Seriously, WHAT does this have to do w/Maryland??????
Perhaps because people in Maryland sleep on mattresses.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:00 AM

10 posts, read 11,837 times
Yeah, I've never had much luck with mattresses. I've never had any that didn't get a huge dip in the middle inside of a year or two without it being a spring mattress. I suggest you stay away from memory foam if you want it to last. They're comfy and good mattress dealerships should have a warranty if the hole gets too deep within a year or so, but really, mattress makers have no incentive to make beds that last. Only beds that are comfy on the showroom floor will sell.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 998 times
I flipped my one sided pillow top mattress just yesterday & it is so firm I actually woke up with no aches or pain. There's no real answer to this question I've read about 7 different forums I did find a hanful of people who did flip theirs & they winded up getting a good nights rest too. So I say like many others go for it bcuz you've got nothing to lose & if you don't like it then flip it back over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland