Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 06:18 PM

201 posts, read 575,321 times

Advertisements

Yea I know all about the speak round these parts

And that is a coincidence, i'm going to Bowie in August and I just know i'm gonna get those comments about the way I talk. I sound a hot country mess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 08:03 PM

70 posts, read 136,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
Love everything about the Eastern Shore...

...Hate everything about the states politics.

I agree 100%! I miss the Eastern Shore something awful. I could care less about the 'middle' of the state.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:19 PM

There's a lot of ES love here. It's nice to hear

Old 06-29-2011, 12:13 AM

1,153 posts, read 4,566,462 times
I used to live in MD. My favorite aspect was the busy and exciting vibe you get in the central part of the state. Of course you guys on the Shore probably can't relate, LOL. Definitely feels like a different planet across the Chesapeake.

I also like the diversity across the state. You have blue collar Baltimore, white collar MoCo, the former plantation fields of Southern MD and the Eastern Shore, and the German influenced areas N & W of Baltimore. Even within the Balt-DC area there is a tremendous cultural difference between the two cities, as there is between Westminster and Salisbury (for example). Truly America in miniature.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:11 AM

22 posts, read 52,004 times
I love the fact that I am only a few minutes from the city, and only a couple hours from both the ocean and the mountains. I enjoy the cultural/entertainment aspects the city offers, and going to Oriole and Ravens games (only if I get free tix). I love that my family and I can enjoy winter vacations in the mountains (we are snowboarders) just a couple hours away, and summer vacations at the beach (we love Ocean City, especially in September). I love the fact that we don't have the hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, and earthquakes that others have. As much as I want to get away from suburban sprawl and crime and congestion and traffic, I don't see myself actually ever living anywhere else. I reserve the right to change my mind as I get older!

Old 06-29-2011, 09:05 AM

45,570 posts, read 60,845,911 times
The Bay.
Goose hunting.
The fact that on clear days I can see the Eastern Shore and think, "I live on the wrong side.".

As a note, where I am used to be like the Shore. I miss that.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:11 PM

Well soon i'll be able to say I live in Bowie. I went to visit a few weeks ago and I love the fast paced life out at that end of the state. I'm not use to it so it's kinda exciting. Interstate 595 was intense to say the least LOL

Old 07-19-2011, 03:25 PM

15 posts, read 54,346 times
i just got a job in columbia mall. i really need some help finding a nice safe place to live near the mall. any suggestions? is columbia in the suburbs or is it city?

Old 07-23-2011, 09:06 AM

1,359 posts, read 3,727,677 times
Germantown, MD:

- ethnic diversity
- multile transportation options: I'm right off I-270, the Germantown MARC commuter rail station, Shady Grove Metro station is 15 min. away, many RideOn bus routes, etc.
- location: not too far from DC (20min), not too far from B'more (45 min)
- plenty of amenities: every chain retail store/restaurant imaginable, Lakeforest Mall down the road in Gaithersburg, lots of recreational spots such as the Maryland Soccerplex, Black Hill Park, and Seneca Creek Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland