Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2013, 08:28 PM

4 posts, read 6,422 times

Advertisements

Hello! Looking for anyone with insight into St James Village North in Hagerstown. My husband and I are relocating soon and have viewed a couple of homes in the neighborhood. The community seems to have some decent amenities (though the $70/mo HOA fee seems a little steep to me) and the prices appeared to be pretty good for the size of the homes. However, we did notice that there were quite a few homes for sale in the neighborhood and it did raise a red flag for us. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about that particular community that might be helpful to us as we make decisions. Not sure about the schools in the district. Our child is not yet school age, but I do want to consider that as far as resale value is concerned, so any thoughts on that would be appreciated as well. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 05:49 PM

461 posts, read 1,285,181 times
Looks like you are not getting much feedback so I'll chime in again. Elementary school is excellent, Rockland Woods, it's in the Westfields development further down Sharpsburg Pike. Brand new school. The gym of the school is large and the Washington County Rec Department offers classes and programs there. Again, you have a grocery store shopping center in your neighborhood, and are down the road from The Outlets and a new Wal Mart and other stores being built soon behind the Cracker Barrel. Good commuting spot. Have a friend or two that lives in the neighborhood, they seem happy and like it. The area is still recovering from the real estate boom and bust that hit a few years ago. You have an HOA in the neighborhood, so even if renters move in, they have to stick to the rules. Below is a recent article from our local newspaper:

Housing market

May also want to consider Carriage Hill, Westfields, and Claggets Mill in that immediate area, nice, new neighborhoods as well.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:32 PM

4 posts, read 6,422 times
Thanks for taking pity on me and responding! I really appreciate the input and advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland