Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2014, 12:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,456 times

Advertisements

What is the area like in Salisbury MD? How is Priscillia St with crime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 06:23 AM

867 posts, read 1,397,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarySmith12 View Post
What is the area like in Salisbury MD? How is Priscillia St with crime?
Its an alright street...the Eastside of Salisbury is not as "bad" as the Westside. People may be outside on Church or Isabella though so it depends on which end youre at. People might be outside down near Priscilla and Kent but its not really nothing to be worried about. Drugs are all over Salisbury just like anywhere else but more times than not you will be bored and need to find something to do with yourself unless you have family or like to fish and crab. The park by the zoo is nice.

Old 03-13-2016, 01:32 PM

71 posts, read 162,035 times
Hello:

I know this is an old thread, but I am hoping that someone could give me some pointers about the following topics (questions) with regard to Salisbury, Maryland -

1. Where (mainly websites) should I search for a studio to rent? I have done some searching and what I have found are mostly 2 (or more) bedroom apartments. Of course, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could tell me which areas (unsafe) to avoid to rent.

2. Is the whole city "walkable"? If not, which areas are "walkable" (to supermarkets), as I won't be able to drive a car, due to some health issues.

3. What would be the most convenient way (or ways ... and perhaps the most "economical") to get to Salisbury from Baltimore?

4. What is the average temperature in winter and in summer?

Thank you so very much for your assistance and help in advance!

Joseph

Last edited by Jozeph; 03-13-2016 at 02:12 PM..

Old 03-15-2016, 09:24 AM

478 posts, read 809,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph View Post
Hello:

I know this is an old thread, but I am hoping that someone could give me some pointers about the following topics (questions) with regard to Salisbury, Maryland -

1. Where (mainly websites) should I search for a studio to rent? I have done some searching and what I have found are mostly 2 (or more) bedroom apartments. Of course, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could tell me which areas (unsafe) to avoid to rent.

2. Is the whole city "walkable"? If not, which areas are "walkable" (to supermarkets), as I won't be able to drive a car, due to some health issues.

3. What would be the most convenient way (or ways ... and perhaps the most "economical") to get to Salisbury from Baltimore?

4. What is the average temperature in winter and in summer?

Thank you so very much for your assistance and help in advance!

Joseph
1. Unfortunately, not sure of any specific websites to recommend. There's always your standard apartments.com, zillo, etc. My hunch is that Salisbury doesn't have very many studios and 1 bedrooms: it's not a dense town so there's not much demand for those kinds of places.

2. No, the whole city is not walkable. The only areas that are walkable are the areas within walking distance of the university campus, and also the downtown area. Outside of that, it's not really a town where you can live a walking lifestyle.

3. Bus

4. Summer highs: upper 80s to low 90s is typical, and it's humid. Summer nights are warm but pleasant mostly. Highs above 100 or below 80 are unusual. Winter highs usually in mid to upper 40s, with 50+ degree days not that unusual. Lows just below freezing (upper twenties). Snow is infrequent and usually melts quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: