Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 03:34 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,024,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I think he's bucking for a safe job in the Clinton administration, if, she's elected.
Even so UGH. IMO he's a weak, empty suit. I want people who have innovative ideas. I want STATESpeople, great THINKERS. O'Malley in a cabinet position would cheapen that office. UGH. I don't want to say the man is dim-witted. But I've seen well-spoken, thoughtful and aware teens and 20-year-old who have more to offer than he does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 04:17 PM

34,093 posts, read 83,010,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmd View Post
We were all better off when we all just took care of ourselves and our own families.
Government's only role is to ensure a level playing field and a fair justice system
(of course today we have neither). That's it. Otherwise: Back OFF!
The question is whether an 18th Century model of 13 (now 50) separate sets of approaches
to doing that taking care of and ensuring and fairness are still the best way to do things.
The attempts to hold on to that misbegotten idea look like a complete clusterufck to me.

Old 03-14-2015, 04:33 PM

14,955 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmd View Post
I'm just trying to figure out who's the bigger Statist: O'Malley or Hillary or Obama?
At the end of the day they're all just shills for bigger and bigger government for the sake of having a bigger, more all-controlling, government.

They have no real vision for "helping" the people...as if we ever needed help from government to begin with. And isn't that the biggest mental deviation from the Constitution: that the public believes the government is capable of "help" or that any sort of "help" is needed?

Please. We were all better off when we all just took care of ourselves and our own families. Government's only role is to ensure a level playing field and a fair justice system (of course today we have neither). That's it. Otherwise: Back OFF!
IMO you put them all in a bag, shake it up, pull one out, you couldn't tell the difference from one to the other.

Old 03-15-2015, 12:42 AM

389 posts, read 427,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
If you can't get your anointed successor elected in a deep blue state, something is wrong.
Anthony Brown's campaign was a joke. I voted for Heather Mizeur in the primaries and I'm disappointed to this day that enough people did not vote for her. In the general election, I voted for Shawn Quinn.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:09 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,607,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowery View Post
Anthony Brown's campaign was a joke. I voted for Heather Mizeur in the primaries and I'm disappointed to this day that enough people did not vote for her. In the general election, I voted for Shawn Quinn.
He had a cocky "I'll get elected because Maryland is majority Democrat" attitude.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
He had a cocky "I'll get elected because Maryland is majority Democrat" attitude.
Sounds similar to Hillary's assumption that she'll get elected because after all, she IS above all us mere mortals, LOL.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
Even so UGH. IMO he's a weak, empty suit. I want people who have innovative ideas. I want STATESpeople, great THINKERS. O'Malley in a cabinet position would cheapen that office. UGH. I don't want to say the man is dim-witted. But I've seen well-spoken, thoughtful and aware teens and 20-year-old who have more to offer than he does.
LOL, but all the same, he seems able to get up with the best of the liberals and feign outrage at their latest GOP target, and he's adept at pollyparroting their latest talking points. IMO that's all it takes.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:37 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
We here in MD know of him personally, and more importantly, his record.
Maybe I'm off base, and it's NOT laughable that there's talk of him running for pres. But I just can't see it.

I'm still stunned he was elected governor. I mean really is Baltimore a shining example of his success? Do you really, REALLY, look at that city and say, "I know I want the guy who led that place, not only as my governor -- but my PRESIDENT!" Really?

I'm just fascinated that the media start throwing out these names that on the surface shouldn't even be in the discussion. IF I'm to believe what's said about his record: businesses have left the state, he came in with a surplus, and left a deficit, I think there's also been some personal issues that have made the news that would make one wonder about his judgement.

To me his record is just weak...sort of like there's no REAL substance there. All smoke and mirrors. Does he REALLY have the 'gravitas' of ANYONE on the Republican side. "Great innovative thinker" with interesting, new ideas, is NOT what I think of where I hear the name "Martin O'Malley." My goodness he's such a predictable retread.

Can I take comfort in the eventuality that once potential voters from other parts of the country start looking at his record and him personally....there's no way he could be the nominee? That he couldn't get the nod?

OR.....should Republicans be PRAYING that he is the nominee, because he'd certainly be beatable, and therefor great to run against.
Does anyone think the DNC or the GOP need anyone of substance after 8 years of this mess? They need an empty suit, or chair so that the puppet masters can work their magic. The presidential candidates only need to be electable and they the masters will do the rest. Look how hard the media works to shield this current presidents records and inability.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:55 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,607,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Sounds similar to Hillary's assumption that she'll get elected because after all, she IS above all us mere mortals, LOL.
Luckily, I think this scandal will sink Hillary.

Old 03-15-2015, 12:45 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,024,401 times
It won't come to this because even if Hillary is NOT done in by email gate (and she SHOULD be), I don't think that in the end O'Malley will be a contender, or her ultimate rival.....
But, THAT would be a choice wouldn't it O'Malley or Hillary? UGH. He's even weak as a RUNNING mate.
I don't want O'Malley in ANY public office, ANY more. ....not elected, not appointed, not honorary, not leading some commission. NOT LOBBYING. He needs to just go away, back to his private life. And leave us alone. He's a lawyer right? Maybe he can go chase an ambulance somewhere....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland