Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 06:09 PM

899 posts, read 540,929 times

Advertisements

Some of the comments have me scratching my head. Columbia to Towson is a horrendous commute.

Towson is north of the city. BWI is south of the city. There is no convenient location to both that doesn't involve the city itself. I suggested Tuscany - Canterbury on the Baltimore forum as a place with apartments inside the city that is also a nice area. It borders some of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the entire region and isn't far from Towson (drive straight up Charles Street). It may also depend where exactly in Towson you need to be.

There is something to be said about living close to work and just making the 30-35 minute drive around the beltway to the airport from Towson, which isn't bad outside rush hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2022, 08:51 AM

1,946 posts, read 7,375,392 times
Again, thanks for all of the responses. Quite helpful. Wondering are there any newer areas to search out other than what has already been posted? While checking many apartment reviews, it's been surprising the number that have mentioned pest control vermin problems - in high rises as well as older looking buildings.

Old 03-01-2022, 04:06 AM

3,534 posts, read 2,326,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
Some of the comments have me scratching my head. Columbia to Towson is a horrendous commute.
This... get stuck at the 495 & 70 junction for a few hours a week and see how quickly someone jumps ship

Quote:
Towson is north of the city. BWI is south of the city. There is no convenient location to both that doesn't involve the city itself. I suggested Tuscany - Canterbury on the Baltimore forum as a place with apartments inside the city that is also a nice area. It borders some of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the entire region and isn't far from Towson (drive straight up Charles Street). It may also depend where exactly in Towson you need to be.

There is something to be said about living close to work and just making the 30-35 minute drive around the beltway to the airport from Towson, which isn't bad outside rush hour.
Most of the people who post in the Baltimore thread now a days A) don't live in the city/region B) just repeat what they heard from a friend who visited the city once or twice and now act like they are local experts.

Old 03-01-2022, 03:42 PM

5,328 posts, read 6,021,569 times
I live about 2 miles south of Towson. It takes me about 30-40 minutes to drive to BWI via 83 and 695 during non-rush hours. It would be really helpful to know the approximate time frame that OP intends to travel to and from BWI.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:27 PM

899 posts, read 540,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
I live about 2 miles south of Towson. It takes me about 30-40 minutes to drive to BWI via 83 and 695 during non-rush hours. It would be really helpful to know the approximate time frame that OP intends to travel to and from BWI.
People in Roland Park tell me it's 25 minutes to the airport from Roland Park outside rush hour. It probably also matters how quickly you can get onto I-83 but once on 83 it's an easy drive. It's a pleasant area and not far from Towson.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:52 AM

Quote:
People in Roland Park tell me it's 25 minutes to the airport from Roland Park outside rush hour. It probably also matters how quickly you can get onto I-83 but once on 83 it's an easy drive. It's a pleasant area and not far from Towson.
Sorry, I missed your earlier post. You're right. It takes me about 10 minutes to reach Roland Park, so the timing is consistent with my estimate of how long it takes me to reach BWI. If OP can find an affordable apartment in Roland Park, OP should jump on it. It is a lovely community and the commute should be much, much better than relying on the beltway at any hour.

Old 03-02-2022, 11:01 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Just to get back on track... The OP will be going to/from Towson 5+ days a week.
That's the concern. Live as close to work as they can afford to (and like).

The BWI trip is just a once a week staff meeting thing.
Getting there from anywhere near Towson won't be a problem.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:41 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,375,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
Thanks. BWI would be likely traditional rush hour travel times with flexibility for a bit later.

Quote:
Guessing Roland Park is a neighborhood within Baltimore. What would be the zip codes? Thanks

Old 03-02-2022, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhousegirl View Post
Thanks. BWI would be likely traditional rush hour travel times with flexibility for a bit later.

Guessing Roland Park is a neighborhood within Baltimore. What would be the zip codes? Thanks
https://livebaltimore.com/neighborhoods/roland-park/

Old 03-03-2022, 10:00 AM

189 posts, read 154,296 times
Does Roland Park have apartment complexes? OP should probably also know it's one of the wealthiest/priciest neighborhoods of Baltimore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland