Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:56 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,937,291 times

Advertisements

Just a thought, but doesn't the AA section of Laurel go to Meade High? If so, you might want to take a close look at that school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 06:33 PM

9 posts, read 23,799 times
I have been told that meade high school is not the best in anne arundel county. I'm not too concern about that since my kid is in elementary school now. Would you say the same thing about the elementary school in that area too?

Old 04-20-2009, 11:05 AM

1,022 posts, read 1,255,223 times
We were looking for a TH in 300-350K range in AA county last summer. We haven't found anything and continue renting, which, I think, is for the best since the prices went down.

Russett was on top of our list because it's close but not too close to the freeway and there are supermarkets nearby (but, again, not too close). At that time crime was not a big problem there, at least not worse than in any other similar development. The townhomes were mostly overpriced though, in my opinion. (By the way, some of them are STILL listed for sale after almost a year.)

There are very different location within the development and many homes are close to the busy road or too cramped/small. Parking might be an issue in some places. Some streets are very nice though. Usually there are at least a few open houses every weekend, you might want to just go there and drive around (not all of them advertised online for some reason).

Actually there has been many posts on Russett already, you might want to use search.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:47 PM

I have done a search on Russett...looking for real time opinions. I might drive over there for a look pretty soon. Most definitely the TW in Russett are in my price range, so I am trying to decide is it worth a look, as compared to Piney Orchard.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:19 AM

Any one here commute from Pasadena to DC. I am thinking its about a 1 hr drive with no traffic and about 1 1/2 hr - 2hr with traffic. Does that sound good?

Old 04-29-2009, 06:47 PM

13 posts, read 44,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoya View Post
Any one here commute from Pasadena to DC. I am thinking its about a 1 hr drive with no traffic and about 1 1/2 hr - 2hr with traffic. Does that sound good?
Commute:

Depends on where you are going to DC and when you are driving. 295 S is a parking lot most mornings between 8-9 (the times I am driving over it on 198) If you are planning on taking 97 down to 3 to central ave and then in that way I really can't comment on that commute. We will be putting our TH up for sale in Russet shortly we are planning on growing our family (more kids and dogs) and we would like a SFH. Meade High is also a concern for us

Schools:

Our daughter goes to Brock Bridge and so far we don't have many complaints. Her teachers have been great. We also hear decent things about the Maryland City Elementary school as well.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:57 PM

I will be driving from Pasadena to downton DC, the heart of the city. I will be working a mid days hours from 1 pm to 9 pm. I am pretty sure traffic will have died down by then.

I am still looking for SFH as well. I looked at Russett for a while, but all they had were Townhomes. We finally decided that we wanted a lit bit more backyard space and decided Pasaenda was it. We have seen a few homes in Pasaenda and liked what we saw.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:24 AM

205 posts, read 824,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoya View Post
I will be driving from Pasadena to downton DC, the heart of the city. I will be working a mid days hours from 1 pm to 9 pm. I am pretty sure traffic will have died down by then.

I am still looking for SFH as well. I looked at Russett for a while, but all they had were Townhomes. We finally decided that we wanted a lit bit more backyard space and decided Pasaenda was it. We have seen a few homes in Pasaenda and liked what we saw.
During the hours you'd be commuting there will be little traffic in the area. Even 295 will be nice. You should have your choice of roads. The only time there would be problems is when there are sporting events, but you'd be going against the flow of traffic for the most part so things should still be good. It also looks like they're trying to widen 295 possibly to make it 3 lanes all the way to DC eventually. That will help speed things along. Avoid using 32 to come west though. That bend at Odenton adds a lot of travel time and you can't go as fast as other nearby highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnus-x1 View Post
We will be putting our TH up for sale in Russet shortly we are planning on growing our family (more kids and dogs) and we would like a SFH.
I will be watching for that if it has a garage. I like the short sale I put an offer on, but if something further from Brushyridge Rd shows up at a similar price...

Old 04-30-2009, 02:54 PM

Thanks for the info on traffic. More lanes on 295 is good thing I think. Anyone here recommend a realtor for the pasaenda area?

Old 12-30-2010, 06:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,031 times
Russet has a lot of successful professionals who live within the community. Believe it or not the county in which you live in in laurel makes a significant difference in the demographics and quality of living. There are a lot of wealthy people who live within the Russett community, I personally know more than a handful who make more than $250,000 a year. Its not perfect, but it is indeed a nice community. Howard county Laurel has 5 bedroom homes selling for over a million dollars and a gated community, you just have to do your research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland