Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2011, 05:01 PM

248 posts, read 442,947 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any ideas for furniture stores in this region ?
Decent but not super expensive...

Some research told me about Boston Interiors and Bernie and Phyls
Any other suggestions ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 05:36 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,835,891 times
Try Woodstuff, now one of the last stores of its kind on what was once "Furniture Row" in Waltham. They ran Bernie and Phyl off the block by having both better quality and lower prices. Over time they've branched out from offering only finished/unfinished wood furniture, so that you can now order full living-room, bedroom, etc sets. Retail space limitations mean that you might well be ordering from a catalogue, but they're honest about delivery times and are happy to bring everything safely to (and into) your home. Another thing that sets them apart is that they'll work with you on whatever customizing you might want: a toy box that tucks into the corner of a staircase landing, a desk that can hold however many office machines you need, etc etc. You can even get a good start on kitchen remodeling with them. AND...you can "shop" and get quotes online through home .
Full disclosure: I was employed by this family-owned, independent, local store for three years. Even without the discount I once enjoyed I still do all my furniture business with them. The "Too" you'll notice in the name is there for business reasons. When the previous owners retired they had different buyers for each of the two stores that'd carried the Woodstuff name. I can only vouch for the management in Waltham (as can the people I'd worked for, who still have an unpaid and unofficial hand in that operation.)

Old 09-25-2011, 05:49 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,085,744 times
We usually always buy our furniture at Rotman's in Worcester.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:26 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,730 times
If you have a car, go to the Gardner MA area, north of worcester.
Greater Gardner Furniture Outlets

Old 09-25-2011, 10:26 PM

23,573 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Rotman's! An excellent business too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts