Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2012, 12:24 AM

2 posts, read 11,208 times

Advertisements

I’m in the US Army and have a duty assignment in Taunton, MA for 1 year. I’m looking to relocate my family in June 2012. I would appreciate any recommendations on a good area to live.

Considering the limited time we will be stationed in Taunton, we are looking to rent a 3 Bedroom 2 Bath apartment/townhouse within a 30-45 minute commute to Taunton.

We also have the following priorities and considerations.

Priorities (Ranked in order.)
1. Good schools (3rd and 5th Grade)
2. Family friendly community
3. Commute distance

Considerations
1. Rent $2200 or less (Flexible depending on amenities)
2. Access to mass transit to Boston is a huge plus.
3. We would like to live NE of Taunton to give better access to Boston.

I would also be interested in any specific apartments/townhouse anyone would like to recommend.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 06:45 AM

344 posts, read 1,051,396 times
northeast of Taunton? check out Braintree, MA. It's right next to the city of Quincy, but more family oriented. You have access to the red line train into boston (Braintree is the last stop). It's pretty family oriented and nice. Also very near the beaches in Quincy, Hull, etc.

To get to taunton, you'd just take route 24 south. I also think you'd be commuting against traffic, which is good. commute would be like 35 mins probably

I'm not a mall person but the braintree mall is also pretty nice. Good restaurants, movie theater nearby, etc. It's definitely a good mall.

I lived in Quincy last year, and just got a job in braintree. Good area to be. Also easy access to cape cod in the summer =) it's really the perfect location in MA..

Old 02-28-2012, 07:06 AM

2 posts, read 11,208 times
Default Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to respond. It' give me a good place to start in our search for a place to love.

Carl

Old 02-28-2012, 07:50 AM

12,823 posts, read 21,993,461 times
I would consider Sharon or Mansfield. Both have fairly quick access to Taunton, great schools and commuter rail connection to Boston. Easton would be a great fit too, but you'd have to head to either Mansfield or Stoughton to catch the train (not difficult at all).

Old 05-30-2012, 11:40 AM

12 posts, read 46,438 times
Take a look at Lenox Farms in Braintree, I used to live there. Quick access to the highway and other military families I have met have lived there for their tours.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:07 PM

91 posts, read 127,770 times
Mansfield and Foxboro seem to be good options for you and you should find places within your budget. . Both have good schools and less than 20 mins from Taunton. Mansfield train station is accessible from both towns and you can go to Boston or Providence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts