Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: From which suburb do most of Lawrence's drug buyers come from?
Methuen 4 50.00%
Billerica 1 12.50%
Dracut 0 0%
Tewksbury 0 0%
Andover 1 12.50%
North Andover 0 0%
Wilmington 1 12.50%
Other (please specify) 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 10:58 AM

8,875 posts, read 6,182,335 times

Advertisements

Lawrence mayor-elect: 'We're going to make this a safe place' | Boston Herald

excerpt from the Boston Herald article:
Lawrence Mayor-elect Daniel Rivera said last night he wants to attack 

his city’s illegal drug trade by snagging buyers at random police checkpoints near upscale bordering towns such as Andover.
“If you are coming to buy drugs in the city and we bust you doing it, we’re going to make a big list and I’m going to go to Andover Town Meeting and say, ‘Here is a list of people in your community coming to buy drugs in my community. I would like for you guys to stop doing this,’” Rivera told the Herald.

I admire Mayor Elect Rivera on his stance and intentions to eradicate the scourge of drugs from his community and I agree with him that the buyers are coming from the suburbs. The drug dealers like any seller of a good or service, legal or illicit, cannot survive without the buyers. Cutoff the buyers and the drug trade will shrivel or relocate.

I am not sure that Andover is the primary source of the drug buyers as I have read many articles and police logs from the Lowell Sun and Lawrence Eagle Tribune where Lawrence-based people have been arrested in other communities. Andover does not seem to appear as frequently as other area suburbs.

Which suburb do you think generates the greatest number of drug buyers who go to Lawrence?

Last edited by AtkinsonDan; 11-29-2013 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: spelling edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 01:37 PM

13,972 posts, read 14,882,366 times
Most are from Lawrence but if I would venture to guess the #2 it would probably be Methuen with the largest population, closest proximity and the largest amount of Lawrence ex-pats that would have connections to the city.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:22 PM

2,712 posts, read 6,085,166 times
The middle class coke users/pot smokers of the burbs aren't cruising the streets of Lawrence buying bags off the streets. They're buying in large enough quantities, that they have trusted runners they deal with who make home deliveries.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:48 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,216,409 times
They come from all of the suburbs mentioned in the poll. Lawrence is dominated by a major gang and let's be real here for a moment..the city is corrupt from top to bottom and the good old boy network is alive and well in the more affluent towns
mentioned where one will not see any records of arrests in their hometown..gotta keep that image clean!

Lawrence has Major issues, and don't see that changing anytime soon, new mayor or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts