Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2016, 01:04 AM

10 posts, read 19,503 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We need to relocate from Taunton to Acton-Boxborough by June for work.

At this planning stage, we looked at our incomes and expenses, and concluded that we should be able to comfortably buy a $200k-240k condo with $400-500 HOA fee. When we looked online, we really like the Village of Nagog Woods condo (2-3 bed, 1.5-2.5 bath). However, we only see one unit for sale right now.

Do you think our budget is realistic? Last year, most condo units in the Village of Nagog Woods were under contract within 1-2 weeks after getting on the market. The prices were so varied.

I hope that by the time we are ready to pull the trigger (early March), there would be a unit on the market that is right for us.

Are there any other condo complexes in Acton-Boxborough that we should monitor? We want at least 2 bedroom and 1.5 bath.

We don't know any real estate agent in that area yet but plan to discuss it with our selling agent in Taunton. We may hire her as our buying agent, but not sure yet. Is it a good idea?

Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 03:24 PM

161 posts, read 231,163 times
The condos in Acton seem to be scattered all over town. I'm not sure that I'd follow any complex in particular. Maybe just do an overall search across all of Acton? In South Acton, there's a few larger complexes along Parker Street - Drummer Rd, Meetinghouse Rd, and Parker Street. I have been inside the townhouses at 128 Parker Street, and they are very nice and seem to be within your price range. The upside of the Parker Street area is they are close to the commuter rail station, but you might get noise from the train. Also, depending on which section you choose, it is close to the WR Grace superfund site. From what I understand, this site is well contained, but you should research and add that to your considerations. There's also a bunch of complexes along Great Road/Route 2A - Davis Road, Great Road. I have never been inside any of the Nagog Woods units, and I can't comment. Not sure if you plan to use the commuter rail at all, but one thing to note is Nagog Woods is on the very northern section of town and is not very convenient to the commuter rail.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:37 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,649,553 times
Cortland Lane in Boxborough and Apple Ridge in Maynard are two more to add to your list.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 808 times
I have been looking at condos and houses in Acton since mid 2014. I do not recommend Nagog Woods, I have been their twice for couple of open houses, but it feels the community does not always keep their common environment clean, and some of the home layout looks weird from my point of view. Two different buying agents that I've been talking with told me not to choose Nagog Woods also. I have a colleague who was living in Nagog Woods back in 1980s, he told me it was nice at that time but he moved out since 1990s. From my point of view, the condos on Drummer Rd, Meetinghouse Rd, and Parker Street look good, just do not choose the ones close to the train track. There are condos along Route 2A - Great Road, some looks nice, but one thing worth mention is about the rotary from Route 2, it would cost you a lot of time to pass it during rush hours.

Old 01-23-2016, 06:02 AM

10 posts, read 19,503 times
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts