Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 05:31 PM

279 posts, read 316,681 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking at selling our East Natick home (Neighborhood south of route 9 near Oak) and purchasing a property with a bit more land, better school system, and a newer, larger house (where my office doesn't have to be in the basement ). She commutes to Framingham State University most days, I go to Logan every couple of weeks, and to Boston once a week. We're budgeting up to $950k. Would prefer newer, since we don't want to deal with old house issues. Want 2200 sqft+. She said she'd commute up to 35mins without traffic, but that that was her limit. We'd prefer inside 495.

She found 155 Mohawk Path, Holliston, MA 01746. It looks like a very nice house, and property. I'm a bit concerned that Holliston is not appreciating very well, and may have about the same school as Natick for far more taxes.

We have looked at the following towns:

Natick
Wayland
Sherborn
Hopkinton
Holliston
Medfield
Westwood
Sudbury
Southborough
Westborough
East Walpole

Hilariously we found a "dream" property in Natick at 34 Curve Street only to realize it was literally in the middle of Natick's projects, which we didn't even know existed. So, we're feeling pretty priced out of our own town.

Would love some advice on this! Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 06:22 PM

622 posts, read 563,702 times
Curve street is in the middle of the natick projects? Says who?

Old 05-16-2019, 06:24 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,733,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panchilly View Post
I was wondering how long before this post showed up.

Is there trouble in River City?

Old 05-16-2019, 06:35 PM

622 posts, read 563,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I was wondering how long before this post showed up.

Is there trouble in River City?
He should share how he knows there are projects there. Maybe someone gave him some fake info

Old 05-16-2019, 06:36 PM

10,012 posts, read 15,659,151 times
I didn't know Natick had projects, either.

That being said, to commute to Framingham, I would prefer Medfield or Sherborn out of your choices as far as an additional commute to Boston with excellent schools.

I think Holliston has a pretty good school system. Hopkinton is probably better.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchilly View Post
Natick Housing Authority. I decided to look up who owned all the semis around since it seemed weird that Trask or some other developer wasn't leveling them. Sure enough... no value on Zillow, and then Natick property records show it's all low income housing.
Attached Thumbnails
A house in Holliston or somewhere else? (from Natick)-nha-property.jpg  

Old 05-16-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
I didn't know Natick had projects, either.

That being said, to commute to Framingham, I would prefer Medfield or Sherborn out of your choices as far as an additional commute to Boston with excellent schools.

I think Holliston has a pretty good school system. Hopkinton is probably better.
Thank you for the feedback. I feel as though Holliston's housing stock might be somewhat less desirable than surrounding comparable towns. I am not totally sure why this is, but it seems that median house sales there are >$150k cheaper than Hopkinton, and Natick for example.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:44 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,642,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor0101 View Post
Natick Housing Authority. I decided to look up who owned all the semis around since it seemed weird that Trask or some other developer wasn't leveling them. Sure enough... no value on Zillow, and then Natick property records show it's all low income housing.
Might that low income housing be some kind of senior housing or disability housing?

Old 05-16-2019, 08:49 PM

8,543 posts, read 14,020,436 times
I have a cousin and also a friend that both own homes on Mohawk Path. They absolutely love it there. Having been to an affair my cousin was hosting where a lot of the attendees were from the neighborhood, I found the crowd to be a bit "Wisteria Lane."

Also, a local development company named Fafard built these houses.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/fafard-real-estate-ashland-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
Might that low income housing be some kind of senior housing or disability housing?
That's the Forest Green Housing Development. According to the NHA it's "state aided housing for families."

Natick Housing Authority - Properties

Old 05-16-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I have a cousin and also a friend that both own homes on Mohawk Path. They absolutely love it there. Having been to an affair my cousin was hosting where a lot of the attendees were from the neighborhood, I found the crowd to be a bit "Wisteria Lane."

Also, a local development company named Fafard built these houses.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/fafard-real-estate-ashland-3
t0101> This is great info. Pardon my ignorance, "Wisteria Lane"? It looks like that's something from Desperate Housewives. I've never seen the show, but I'm inferring snobbiness? Also, we were told that this house was built by Toll Brothers, and that the Old Cart Path homes are Fafard? I'm not 100% that's true however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts