Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2019, 06:10 PM

787 posts, read 781,765 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions on cafes in Natick, preferably ones with decent seating, open until 9 PM?

Good atmosphere to have a conversation.

I've been looking on yelp but there's not many that are open until 9 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2019, 01:55 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,651,571 times
The only independent coffee hour in Natick is in the center, not open very late and not open on Monday either.

You could try the Caffe Nero up in Wellesley. It's open until 9pm. However, it may be difficult to get a seat, if you are planning to hunker down for a period of time. There have been lines out the door the last two times I visited. As a plan B, the Whole Foods cafe in Wellesley is pretty atmospheric for a grocery store.

Saxonville Mills, Framingham has ambiance, fair trade coffee and South American treats. Parking is across the street from the Saxonville Mill. Although it is only open until 7pm these days, I believe.

The Panera in Natick is open late, kinda scruffy even for a Panera though.

There are a few places in Natick center that are not bad for having a beer or a cocktail I could suggest, if the plan has flexibility.

Is this for a social meeting or business related? Or are you looking to hang out and get work done?

Old 10-18-2019, 08:24 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,037,293 times
What about the cafe/burger bar area in Wegmans at the mall? Not sure how late that part of the store is open, but the store itself does stay open pretty late.

Old 10-19-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post

Is this for a social meeting or business related? Or are you looking to hang out and get work done?
I am meeting someone for the first time off a dating app.

Old 10-19-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
What about the cafe/burger bar area in Wegmans at the mall? Not sure how late that part of the store is open, but the store itself does stay open pretty late.
It's open late and just as nice as Nero, sort of that same faux European library look. I would recommend though that the OP does not meet his new friend there anytime on Saturday, unless he enjoys getting to know someone for the first time amidst every kid in Natick below the age of three, 90% of them having a simultaneous temper-tantrum, their equally cranky brothers and sisters in tow, Mom and Dad, often yelling back at the kiddos or trying hard to get them under control, when they are not running over other customers with their shopping carts that is. The stress of it all might be too much and you might end up imbibing cheap store brand wine, from the sample lady, before the night is through.

Last edited by 495neighbor; 10-19-2019 at 02:58 PM..

Old 10-19-2019, 04:52 PM

There's always the Ben and Jerry's in Natick too,

You guys talking about the Nordstrom Ebar Artisan Coffee place? They're open until 9 PM which is convenient.

This is going to be during the week, not on the weekend.

Old 10-19-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Slugger View Post
There's always the Ben and Jerry's in Natick too,

You guys talking about the Nordstrom Ebar Artisan Coffee place? They're open until 9 PM which is convenient.

This is going to be during the week, not on the weekend.
From the female perspective, I would much prefer meeting some dude for ice cream at BenJs than sitting out in the middle of the mall outside Nordstroms. Nordstroms is for shoe shopping not romance. If it doesn't have to be right in Natick, JP Licks in Wellesley Square is open til 10p and 11p, quieter than BenJs. It's right across from Wellesley College. And you have another chance at love in the coffee line, if Tinder doesn't deliver.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:00 AM

And she decided she's a little too busy right now. So instead of wasting my time she said if things calm down she'll reach back out.

Oh well, thanks guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts