Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2021, 11:19 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times

Advertisements

It seems like people who are anti-vaxers are always hippie liberals. So don’t anyone even go there saying it’s the trump supporters who won’t get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2021, 11:35 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Has anyone here gotten the vaccine or know someone who did?
Yes, I know several who have...all in the healthcare field.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:39 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Right I was reading an article earlier where the majority of a police or fire dept don’t want to get it. One said you couldn’t pay me to get it. I’d be lying if I said I have no concerns at all about it. It seems like it was developed extremely quickly.

Is this also something people will have to get every year? Two doses ?

Many people don’t get a flu shot so it shouldn’t be surprising that there will be people who don’t get this vaccine.
There's a bunch of exaggerated and downright false stories re: side effects (e.g. Bell's palsy) making their way through the usual channels. I look at this very simply--I may not know all the side effects of this vaccine, but I do know it's going to be one of the most closely monitored vaccine rollouts in modern history. Whereas I do know the "side effects" of getting sick from SARS-CoV-2.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:43 AM

I’ve seen some people say they won’t get one because they’re young, don’t have any health issues and if they got covid it would probably be mild. I don’t think anyone can predict how their body will react if they got covid but I will say that it seems like most people are fine. It seems to anger people when folks say that most people get very mild symptoms and recover quickly.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:45 AM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
It seems like people who are anti-vaxers are always hippie liberals. So don’t anyone even go there saying it’s the trump supporters who won’t get it.
Well before Biden was elected, I head many on the left saying they would not trust or take "Trump's vaccine". I imagine that will change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
There's a bunch of exaggerated and downright false stories re: side effects (e.g. Bell's palsy) making their way through the usual channels. I look at this very simply--I may not know all the side effects of this vaccine, but I do know it's going to be one of the most closely monitored vaccine rollouts in modern history. Whereas I do know the "side effects" of getting sick from SARS-CoV-2.
Based on scrutiny they have already received, the probability of risks from the vaccine exceeding the risk of getting Covid is easily a virtual NIL.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:47 AM

5,109 posts, read 2,666,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
I am not sure what you're trying to say - it doesn't seem to respond to my post very clearly.

In any case, as to what Mass General could have done differently, two options would be:

1. The people who wrote the registration app could have used the HR database and analyzed who can go when, by dept and job title... then when people try to register for a slot, simply prevent the registration if it's not their time.

2. Senior management could have made it clear in their communications who can go when, and say that they want to assume the employees will all behave as responsible adults, but just in case, there will be consequences if people try to jump the line.

Then it's still the same people doing the work, but you impose more structure, more process to get the right behavior.
I was responding to what your post implied, and that seems to be that the distributors of the vaccine were supposed to engage in some type of additional effort to ensure it was properly managed by hospitals.

You say: "they didn't try to impose or verify this order, they just told people what the order should be and left it to them to behave responsibly."

Since you don't define "they" I assumed you were referring to public health officials. Here you seem to be further articulating that you believe that the hospital management should have provide more guidance. If that's what you mean, I agree. Although it is a sad state of affairs when even front-line hospital staff don't appear able to behave sufficiently responsible during a public health emergency, as it relates to their own compliance.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:51 AM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
I’ve seen some people say they won’t get one because they’re young, don’t have any health issues and if they got covid it would probably be mild. I don’t think anyone can predict how their body will react if they got covid but I will say that it seems like most people are fine. It seems to anger people when folks say that most people get very mild symptoms and recover quickly.
Because it's selfish and ignorant, that's why. If this was all about "you" and you are willing to roll the dice based on the "odds" of it harming yourself that would be one thing, but that's not how it is. Our whole survival as a country is dependent on the majority our population getting vaccinated. Sure I would love to wait 5 years to be "sure" that it's safe, but we do not have that much time unfortunately. The clock is ticking here.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Well before Biden was elected, I head many on the left saying they would not trust or take "Trump's vaccine". I imagine that will change.

Based on scrutiny they have already received, the probability of risks from the vaccine exceeding the risk of getting Covid is easily a virtual NIL.
I’ve heard that as well. But it seems like the liberals are heavily encouraging people to get the vaccine and calling anyone who doesn’t get it dumb. Same ol’ song and dance they do.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:55 AM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Because it's selfish and ignorant, that's why. If this was all about "you" and you are willing to roll the dice based on the "odds" of it harming yourself that would be one thing, but that's not how it is. Our whole survival as a country is dependent on the majority our population getting vaccinated. Sure I would love to wait 5 years to be "sure" that it's safe, but we do not have that much time unfortunately. The clock is ticking here.
Not sure how I feel on this. I personally have no problem getting the vaccine. But to say that someone who doesn’t want it because they are worried about the effects of it simply to save a small portion of the population who could get it seems selfish as well.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:56 AM

5,109 posts, read 2,666,387 times
Quote:
I’ve heard that as well. But it seems like the liberals are heavily encouraging people to get the vaccine and calling anyone who doesn’t get it dumb. Same ol’ song and dance they do.
Most aren't really liberals. Real liberals aren't understudy's of Saul Alinksy, regardless of what they want to call themselves, or what Hannity calls them.

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 01-02-2021 at 12:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts