Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2022, 04:07 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,733,872 times

Advertisements

Some random realtor cold called me today about an upcoming listing in "my area". I haven't lived in that town in 3 years though. She tried to get my email to "stay in touch". No thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2022, 04:33 PM

3,620 posts, read 1,844,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
Some random realtor cold called me today about an upcoming listing in "my area". I haven't lived in that town in 3 years though. She tried to get my email to "stay in touch". No thanks.
Realtors who've been living high off the hog for the last few years are about to enter a whole new world. She's probably working any and all new leads she can to build her pipeline for '23. Lots of buyers who were in the market have now been priced out between the rates and the home prices. All these realtors are going to be clamoring over the same handful of buyers who can actually still afford to purchase. I bet the number of active real estate agents get thinned out pretty quick in the next few months.

Old 12-21-2022, 05:56 PM

88 posts, read 52,578 times
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...56359878_zpid/

Astonished at the pricing of this listing? We are renting close by,,, I saw it while walking,,, I was like oh nice,,, this must be 700k or something if it's 3bd,,, and it's almost a mil when I checked online! What in the world!!!
It was just sold for 730 on June of 2021,,, why are you listing it a year later for 950? Crazy stuff!

Old 12-21-2022, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh1988 View Post

Astonished at the pricing of this listing? We are renting close by,,, I saw it while walking,,, I was like oh nice,,, this must be 700k or something if it's 3bd,,, and it's almost a mil when I checked online! What in the world!!!
It was just sold for 730 on June of 2021,,, why are you listing it a year later for 950? Crazy stuff!
I'm more astonished by the color choices! lol

Old 12-21-2022, 06:32 PM

88 posts, read 52,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
I'm more astonished by the color choices! lol
That's what my wife said lol Some people are just more colorful than others

Old 12-21-2022, 10:23 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,733,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh1988 View Post

The Zestimate gets me. It was 800k, then all of a sudden it jumps to 955k just because that's the list price? LoL.

Old 12-22-2022, 04:34 AM

2,352 posts, read 1,780,522 times
https://www.redfin.com/MA/Clinton/31...operty-details

May have mentioned this place before, but if you want new construction... here's a condo. All the way out in the boonies of Clinton. And they want 341k for this one bedroom. Been on the market for over a year now.

Old 12-22-2022, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
https://www.redfin.com/MA/Clinton/31...operty-details

May have mentioned this place before, but if you want new construction... here's a condo. All the way out in the boonies of Clinton. And they want 341k for this one bedroom. Been on the market for over a year now.
I'm guessing the developer is just using the same listing/model unit to keep the advertising ongoing until all units are sold. Doesn't seem all that crazy and actually something affordable for a single, young couple or downsizers. Especially if they are employed at one of the many companies located not too far away in Marlborough or Westborough. Condo fee doesn't seem bad for what's included -$291 for water,sewer, internet, cable, and master insurance.

Old 12-22-2022, 07:03 AM

8,545 posts, read 14,025,464 times
Quote:
It's called "circle prospecting." Basically, you call all the houses in a radius around your listing to "tell them about your listing" but really you're just looking for people who are thinking of buying/selling. It's a really low percentage tactic and requires a lot of phone calls and involves a lot of people just hanging up on you before you actually find a client. It's not something I do as I prefer other methods of lead generation with higher success rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Realtors who've been living high off the hog for the last few years are about to enter a whole new world. She's probably working any and all new leads she can to build her pipeline for '23. Lots of buyers who were in the market have now been priced out between the rates and the home prices. All these realtors are going to be clamoring over the same handful of buyers who can actually still afford to purchase. I bet the number of active real estate agents get thinned out pretty quick in the next few months.
YOY the number of transactions is down ~30%. There's a lot of freshly minted real estate agent licenses out there and none of them know a lick about how to actually sell a house. They just know how to put a house in MLS and cross their fingers that they get multiple offers and then likely they bungle the negotiation and don't get the highest sales price.

Give it a few months and a lot of those new license cards will be gathering dust in a desk drawer when these folks move on to other things.

Quote:
The Zestimate gets me. It was 800k, then all of a sudden it jumps to 955k just because that's the list price? LoL.
I've said it before and I'll say it again . . . the Zestimate is GARBAGE. It doesn't mean anything and it doesn't tell you anything. There's a disclosure on the Zillow site I haven't read in a long time but it used to state that the Zestimate was for "entertainment purposes only." Zillow also has a chart on their site telling you how massively inaccurate the Zestimate is as well.

What gets me is that people even waste a moment of their day looking at or thinking about this nonsense.

Old 12-22-2022, 07:40 AM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Yeah I didn't get a phone call but I received a few pieces of mail over the past years so. I'm not looking at selling so I don't know why they're telling me about this other house that's sold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts