Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 07:13 AM

12 posts, read 23,203 times

Advertisements

What is Sudbury MA like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 08:56 AM

12,866 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Very nice. Rural/Suburban (very low density suburban), excellent schools, nice quintessential New England town center, rolling hills, and reasonable distance to Boston and Worcester. It's a wealthier community with an average household income (figure may actually be per capita) somewhere in the vicinity of $120,000. Average home costs over $500,000. There's very little crime in Sudbury. If you can afford it, it would be hard to argue against it.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:19 AM

12 posts, read 23,203 times
Thanks for the info. Is it a good area to meet young people too Im 27.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:12 PM

12,866 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeverada View Post
Thanks for the info. Is it a good area to meet young people too Im 27.
Sudbury is a wonderful town for families, but not one that I'd recommend living in if you're looking to meet people. Can I ask what you're looking for? Do you have a job, ideal price range for homes? Do you have a particular environment in mind (rural, suburban, urban)? This info could help a bit.

If you're young, want to meet a partner or friends, I would suggest something closer to Boston where there is a higher concentration of singles and young professionals and just more people in general.

There are tons of Boston/Cambridge/Somerville neighborhoods that I would suggest (just ask and myself and others can list them) that are urban, lively and full of singles and young professionals. I'm 23 and recently moved to Mission Hill in Boston. It's more of a blend of families and college students, but there are a decent number of young professionals.

If you want a bit more suburban, Arlington, Newton, Quincy, etc may be ideal... a bit more family oriented, but still close to the social hub of Boston.

Rural areas are a bit harder to socialize by their nature, but Northampton, Amherst, and a few others may fit the bill for you.

Again, Sudbury is perfect if you're looking to start a family, but if you're single and looking to meet new people and have an active social life, I don't know that I would suggest Sudbury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts