Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 711 times

Advertisements

ashi,nhie,gahi, just about every state has one smiler but they are nothing but self appointed governance over people looking to become home inspectors or people looking for home inspectors. Truth is they are nothing but private companies with the sole interest in making money nothing to do with any state regulations. And you will not have any protection from you state using them. Any home inspector that proudly shows you i'm a member of ----- is in fact[size=4][font=arial narrow,sans-serif][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] [/font][/size][/font][/size]telling you they have completed a course of study in the filed of home inspecting.same thing can be obtained at a local city collage or on line for less than half the price of self appointed organizations who's home inspection courses have nothing more to offer than a brand name. You also have to pay for that too and membership fees who do you think pays for that in the long run. Yes you do! So make the smart choice search your local home inspectors look for those that are independent of the ripoff self proclaimed you'll get a better deal for the same service.
I inform all my clients of these facts and believe me i've not had an unhappy customer yet. The absolute truth is you can do it for your self something the self proclaimed will never tell you. 95% of states don't require you use a service you can do your own report. Only draw back is if the buyer discovers something is wrong with the property and you have not disclosed it pre-sale you will have to put it right. If you use a home inspector make sure he or she has insurance and you'll have no come backs to you unless he or she can prove the fault was not present at the time of inspection.
As to this code of ethics they push down your trout till your sick of hearing it! Again made up by the self proclaimed as gospel, truth if your in any kind of business you have standards for your customers in fact mine go higher than the self proclaimed. You don't need some self appointed group telling you how to run your business because if your not doing it right in the first place you'll not have customers for long. If your a home inspector don't by into this self proclaimed garbage if your planning to be one don't get suckered in there's many cheaper options. if your a customer as i've said before search for the none branded guy. But always check your own states regulations just go to your local state or government wed site and get the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 04:29 AM

675 posts, read 1,700,954 times
Another positive vote for Tiger Home Inspection. Even though I'm a first time buyer I'm a veteran of childhood fixer-uppers and adulthood crappy rentals so I consider myself to be diligent in judging the condition of a home. Scott from Tiger addressed all of the issues I had, found things I hadn't noticed, and along the way gave advice on things which wouldn't need to end up on the report but which were important to me, like what maintenance would have to be done on different systems, what we might want to replace in a few years, etc. A few days later when I wanted some clarification on a few items he took the time to call me back and speak at length. He was absolutely respectful, his work was thorough, and the company in general was efficient. Would absolutely work with Tiger again.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:24 AM

422 posts, read 1,475,722 times
I bought a house recently and found a home inspector on my own instead of using the realtor's recommended ones. The one I got was called Jigsaw home inspection - Charles mangio. I thought he did a good job with my inspection....being very detailed, not afraid to crawl through tight/dirty spaces, providing useful maintenance tips while inspecting. His report was also pretty impressive with photos and he highlighted areas of concern as well as providing remedial actions. After purchasing the house, we got numerous contractors to come take a look and provide quotes for various issues that we needed to be addressed (mostly based on Charles' recommendations) and most of the contractors also agreed with Charles "diagnosis" of the house. We went ahead to fix all the stuffs in the home inspection reports and I think the house is looking just fine now think I paid like 450 for the home inspection of a 2 storey raised cape, 3 bed/2 bath, walkout basement and 2300sqft space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts