Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 01:22 PM

70 posts, read 288,016 times

Advertisements

Soon to be a newcomer to ....Kihei Maui...

The story starts nearly 30 years ago on my honeymoon ...My wife and I spent 3 wonderfull weeks on our honeymoon in Hawaii...We first stayed at the then Intercontinental Hotel now the ....in Wailea ...At that time I had a vision ....At retirement age I would be ....Sitting on the beach on Maui ...1. smoking a herb....2. having a wonderfull alcoholic drink while sitting in a rocking chair on the sand ...Spending day in and day out sitting on the beach watching the sun rise and watching it set ....Now thats what I thought RETIREMENT was about ...

Today I neither smoke or drink ....retired from that years ago ..

I lived in Lost Angeles and proceeded to visit Hawaii over 20 plus times in a beautifull 22 year marriage ..Owning a business and raising 2 wonderfull kids ...

Five years ago I lost a wife to fatal heart attack ...In less than a blink of an eye life changed .....

I left Los Angeles and bought a home in a 55 year old community in Palm Springs area ...Spent a few years there ... Bought a RV and ended up on the central coast of Oregon for a few years ...

I met a new lady in my life ...We have been together 4 years ...But each winter she would visit the desert as the coast of Oregon in the winter lets just say it can and does get COLD >>>WET >>>and cold and wet and not to say the SUN nevers appears ... it can be U G L Y ....

Well this MAY I pick up her and we go out for coffee and its P O U R I N G down rain ...The first words out my mouth was DO YOU WANT TO GO TO HAWAII .?????..Now the dream I had of retiring had died 5 years ago ...I had not thought of Maui at all ...Her answer was are we going NOW

In May I started the process and it is a process of shutting down one's life to start again..anew

I found THIS FORUM and to all who have posted a question and to those who responded with wit ... wisdom and I think sometimes geeze what a dumb question...Got answers ...

I Say M A H A L O ...not once but many times over ...

We are moving in a few weeks and I have a wealth of knowledge of what to expect ...I know I plan and GOD laffs but thats OK

To dream and to have a dream come true is ..............

Ready or not KIHEI here I come ..

to respect .. to honor and to give to my new home ...

Alaoha ..Mahalo SHALOM and Hag Semeach ...

XSTONEDROCKER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 01:30 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,031,211 times
Be'hatzlacha! Enjoy the new beauty and hope it all works well for you and yours. Now you will have a chance to practice Yiddish & Hawaiian, huh?

Old 09-16-2009, 02:37 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,304,014 times
Awesome! Hope you will share your adventures at the move and new life progresses!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:37 PM

501 posts, read 1,192,056 times
Awesome! May you enjoy the adventure and Good luck to you both!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:46 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,264,245 times
The very, very, very best to you -- I mean it, I hope every dream comes true ten fold!

Alley

Old 09-17-2009, 11:16 AM

5,528 posts, read 12,669,721 times
xstonedrocker, I LOVE your post. One of the very few "moving to Hawaii" posts that I've read that actually conveyed a true heartfelt reason for moving to Hawaii. Congratulations on your new life. I'm sure that you and your wife are going to have a great time!

Old 09-19-2009, 09:38 PM

850 posts, read 4,364,255 times
what a wonderful post.

GOD does NOT laugh (laff) at you. may HIS light shine upon you and guide you; may HIS love surround you and may HIS power protect you and keep you safe.

wishing you all the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
View detailed profiles of: