Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 01:37 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
You are confusing CNN with Fox.
I’m laughing at seeing all these CNN diversions. CNN tanking must be a sad day for some of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2019, 02:51 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
I’m laughing at seeing all these CNN diversions. CNN tanking must be a sad day for some of you.
Not for me. I pulled my cable 15 years ago and haven't missed it since.

So I don't give a hoot if any of those channels go dark forever. There were so many I thought were garbage back then I was wasting my money on cable.

As far as I can see, things have only grown worse. I only see cable now when there's a TV on in some office or in someone else's home.

CNN is no Titanic. None of the cable news stations are. Broadcast news is still what most viewers watch, and I like ABC News just fine.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:06 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
CNN’s audience shriveled in the second quarter of 2019, averaging only 541,000 total viewers, less than half Fox News Channel’s 1.3 million average. But CNN struggled even more during the primetime hours of 8-11 p.m. ET, finishing as the fifteenth most-watched network on basic cable behind networks such as TLC, Investigation Discovery and the Hallmark Channel. CNN averaged a dismal 761,000 primetime viewers while FNC averaged 2.4 million.

CNN also saw over 100 employees accept a voluntary buyout option, losing bureau chiefs and award winners in the process.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ings-don-lemon
The media is the information operations division of the deep state
Change my mind

Old 11-12-2019, 12:17 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,184,453 times
CNN's unwatchable because it's just a bunch of yelling. Fox News is unwatchable because it swims in a pool of conspiracy theories. It looks like more than twice as many people would prefer to watch conspiracy theories than yelling during prime time hours.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:21 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times
All the LEFT wing outlets including the networks have horrible ratings. Also, look at the New York Time. They've been bleeding money and laying of people for years.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:45 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,184,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
All the LEFT wing outlets including the networks have horrible ratings.
I guess there's more people who have time to just sit around watching Fox News all night than say, MSNBC. Personally, I have better things to do, so I listen to a couple shows on podcast from time to time when convenient, whereas my father-in-law is retired and can sit in front of the tv for 3 hours a night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
All the LEFT wing outlets including the networks have horrible ratings. Also, look at the New York Time. They've been bleeding money and laying of people for years.
This is the story of every newspaper.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:33 PM

8,634 posts, read 10,155,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Not for me. I pulled my cable 15 years ago and haven't missed it since.

So I don't give a hoot if any of those channels go dark forever. There were so many I thought were garbage back then I was wasting my money on cable.

As far as I can see, things have only grown worse. I only see cable now when there's a TV on in some office or in someone else's home.

CNN is no Titanic. None of the cable news stations are. Broadcast news is still what most viewers watch, and I like ABC News just fine.
Gotta love ABC News

https://pagesix.com/2019/11/12/abc-s...es-by-ignotus/

Old 11-13-2019, 05:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The media is the information operations division of the deep state
Change my mind
Fox is the propaganda wing of the current White House. Change my mind.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:18 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Fox is the propaganda wing of the current White House. Change my mind.
Your mind can never be changed, but there are hundreds of examples of Fox criticizing Trump. Go to any search engine and type the words, 'Fox criticizes Trump.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media