Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2012, 12:23 PM

170 posts, read 355,944 times

Advertisements

I just moved downtown and it seems like most places around here seem to be pretty expensive dinner places. Hueys is cheap enough but besides that there aren't many chea places to grab some takeout for dinner etc. Anyone know of somewhere I'm missing? I'd prefer not to go South of the Trolley line because that's a decent walk and also don't wanna go too far at night. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 11:14 AM

469 posts, read 970,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjordan View Post
I just moved downtown and it seems like most places around here seem to be pretty expensive dinner places. Hueys is cheap enough but besides that there aren't many chea places to grab some takeout for dinner etc. Anyone know of somewhere I'm missing? I'd prefer not to go South of the Trolley line because that's a decent walk and also don't wanna go too far at night. Thanks.
Try some of these:

Wang's
Kooky Canuck's
Flying Fish (Medium/cheap)
Bardog (med./cheap)
Bogies (might be lunch only)
Dan's Deli & Groc.
Sam's Hamburgers
A&R BBQ
Little Shop Of Sandwiches
The Brass Door (medium)
Blue Plate (med./cheap)

Old 03-17-2012, 11:54 PM

209 posts, read 460,248 times
New Lin's Garden on Pauline.
Great and cost effective chinese food.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:30 PM

506 posts, read 1,011,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REPBOY View Post
Try some of these:

Wang's
Kooky Canuck's
Flying Fish (Medium/cheap)
Bardog (med./cheap)
Bogies (might be lunch only)
Dan's Deli & Groc.
Sam's Hamburgers
A&R BBQ
Little Shop Of Sandwiches
The Brass Door (medium)
Blue Plate (med./cheap)
Most of these are good recs but I would say avoid Kooky Canuck's. That place is pretty overpriced and overrated.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:31 PM

170 posts, read 355,944 times
I actually really like Kooky's. Also, not going back to Huey's any time soon. Had the worst service ever the other day and had to pay the mandatory tip since it was past 10 pm. Not happy, waitress was just horrible. I'm talking wait 10 minutes for mayonaise while my hamburger cools off, only one refill during the whole meal etc.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:30 AM

1,062 posts, read 2,054,024 times
Quote:
I actually really like Kooky's. Also, not going back to Huey's any time soon. Had the worst service ever the other day and had to pay the mandatory tip since it was past 10 pm. Not happy, waitress was just horrible. I'm talking wait 10 minutes for mayonaise while my hamburger cools off, only one refill during the whole meal etc.

Maybe she was just wanting to keep your cholesterol level down.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:52 PM

128 posts, read 462,440 times
Quote:
There are a couple of Hueys. I've had bad service downtown also. Me and you might have just had bad luck based on the reviews I read before going there, but it did place a sour taste in my mouth. The service was OK out on the one on Germantown Parkway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis